Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
Book light for naked Nook Touch?

I have been searching for a decent book light that clips onto a naked Nook Touch, but no results have yielded that seems to scream "securely". I'd like one that:
a) makes use of the depressed bevel at the back,
b) shines brightly without flickering and over a decent area,
c) is not too heavy (max 1 AAA battery size),
c) and is relatively resistant to abuse.

I quite like the design of the Kandle but it doesn't seem like it would clip on securely and the lighting for bottom part of screen seems to be an issue.

I also quite like Mighty Bright Travelflex but no pictures or comments told of how secure the clip is.

I'm quite confused about the Lyca light under B&N because of all the information. Is it secure or not? Is it bright or not? Is it too heavy?

Right now I'm using a $1 book light which I expect to last 2 weeks, so would welcome all suggestions!
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Did you see this one?

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Lyra...9781616874438/

I have it and is good, do the job...
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Did you see this one?

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Lyra...9781616874438/

I have it and is good, do the job...
I bought this for my NookClassic and it didnt work great, but its PERFECT for my STR. i clip it to the top on the left (i hold the STR with my right hand). It uses a button battery so its really light. i bought a lot of like 50 of the button batteries from amazon for ~10 dollars.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
I have a Kandle and it clips perfectly and securely to my nook Touch (with or without a case.) I'm not sure how much security you're talking about, do you need to hold the book by the light? The Lyra clip is a little tighter, but both clip securely to the nook body and don't move around.
I find the Kandle has better, more even light than regular "spot" style book lights. I have the Lyra light and don't like it, too much glare and the light isn't even. Two big thumbs up to the Kandle. The only thing I've used that's better was the Lightwedge for my old Sony. Too bad those won't work with the nook touch . . .
Also, I've had my Kandle for over a year and it still works perfectly. Because it has two bulbs, though, it tends to go through batteries a little faster than a light that takes AAAs (it takes 2032 size "coin" batteries). The flip side of that is it's quite a bit more compact and lightweight.

Last edited by kezza; 08-16-2011 at 06:58 PM.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:09 PM   #5
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryvyan View Post

I'm quite confused about the Lyca light under B&N because of all the information. Is it secure or not? Is it bright or not? Is it too heavy?

Right now I'm using a $1 book light which I expect to last 2 weeks, so would welcome all suggestions!
The stock B&N Lyra light clips OK above the top right pageturn button. It is a little tricky to get clipped on 100% secure though (tends to slip if you don't have it secure all of the way).
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
kelsoanim
kelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to behold

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color and Motorola Xoom
You've probably already purchased one, but I too wanted to vote for the linked Lyra Nook light. I clip mine to the top over the power button and it works fine (the clip goes past around the power button so it doesn't cause any problems). I use the light almost every night in bed. It does the job and is very light. A good light overall.

- K
kelsoanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:09 AM   #7
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
Thanks guys, I got confused with all the choices and the $1 booklight I got is working fine so I'm sticking with it for now.
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote