Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 03:55 AM   #46
thearr
thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle3, iPhone4, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Hi!
Used to but can anymore: export with Klippings....
Must have to do with the fact that my Kindle is now a Touch and set to German...
Hi,

Use "Importieren 'My Clippings.txt' (KTouch)" in the Import menu. Date recognition will work only if your desktop OS language is set to German.
Attached Files
File Type: txt settings.txt (34.2 KB, 406 views)
thearr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #47
thearr
thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

New version 0.1.5:

- Added ability to choose default import & export pattern:

- Added language settings to allow edit clipping type in the main table and fix notes attachment to highlights for non-English languages:

Last edited by thearr; 08-20-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Advert
Old 08-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #48
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Thank you!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #49
leongeyer
leongeyer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindl touch
Have Mountain Lion and it does not start
leongeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:33 AM   #50
thearr

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongeyer View Post
Klippings is not signed. For the first time you need to find Klippings.app in your Application folder, right click it and chose Open. Next times it will run normally.
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #51
DaleyKlippings
DaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmos

Device: KTouch
Good afternoon all,

I wanted to export Kindle Clippings into Evernote. Found Klippings and made an Export Pattern. The flexibility was fantastic. Unfortunately, I ran into a bunch of little issues:
  • Klippings only attached Notes if they were listed after Highlights. The Touch now adds Notes *before* highlights.
  • Klippings matched Notes based on date. The new software includes seconds on the date function. As a result, notes and highlights were often failing to match.
  • On older notes (without seconds) mismatches were possible for a variety of reasons.
  • Evernote has an explicit "Author" field so I wanted access to the Author in the Kindle book title.
  • I wanted more control over Attached Notes formatting. The highlight delimter logic didn't permit my usual syntax.
Fortunately, thearr put the source into the public domain so I was able to make this (and many more) modifications to the system. I reached out to thearr to see if he wanted to integrate these changes into his codebase, got no response, and released it on my own (under GPL) as DaleyKlippings.

You can find more information as well as the current version at:

http://daleyklippings.claytondaley.com/

In theory, patterns from Klippings will continue to work in DaleyKlippings. However, they will not take full advantage of the new fields, etc. If you can give me a sample file for testing purposes, however, I'd be happy to upgrade the patters to take advantage of the full power of DaleyKlippings.
DaleyKlippings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #52
Borisegx
Borisegx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I love my Kindle.... is great.. but the MyClippings function was complicated. I development a Web aplication:

http://www.kuote.us

a easy way to manage and share your quotes, notes, clips and bookmarks.. just import the clipping file (myClippings.txt) and the aplication import and categorize all content for your use..

Adoro mi Kindle pero el manejo de las notas es horrible.. por ello diseñe una aplicación que solo importando el archivo txt de myClipping o Mis Apuntes, automaticamente se categorizan, organizan por libro autor, notas, clips , bookmarks, etc permitiendo administrar facilmente el contenido y conpartiendolo ... visiten http://www.kuote.us
Borisegx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:54 PM   #53
NACarter
NACarter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Hi Clayton,

Here is my MyClippings file from a Kindle 4 No Touch. Would you be able/prepared to produce an import pattern for it? I would appreciate it!

Many thanks.

Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccd314159 View Post
Good afternoon all,

I wanted to export Kindle Clippings into Evernote. Found Klippings and made an Export Pattern. The flexibility was fantastic. Unfortunately, I ran into a bunch of little issues:
  • Klippings only attached Notes if they were listed after Highlights. The Touch now adds Notes *before* highlights.
  • Klippings matched Notes based on date. The new software includes seconds on the date function. As a result, notes and highlights were often failing to match.
  • On older notes (without seconds) mismatches were possible for a variety of reasons.
  • Evernote has an explicit "Author" field so I wanted access to the Author in the Kindle book title.
  • I wanted more control over Attached Notes formatting. The highlight delimter logic didn't permit my usual syntax.
Fortunately, thearr put the source into the public domain so I was able to make this (and many more) modifications to the system. I reached out to thearr to see if he wanted to integrate these changes into his codebase, got no response, and released it on my own (under GPL) as DaleyKlippings.

You can find more information as well as the current version at:

http://daleyklippings.claytondaley.com/

In theory, patterns from Klippings will continue to work in DaleyKlippings. However, they will not take full advantage of the new fields, etc. If you can give me a sample file for testing purposes, however, I'd be happy to upgrade the patters to take advantage of the full power of DaleyKlippings.
Attached Files
File Type: txt My Clippings.txt (11.2 KB, 624 views)
NACarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #54
DaleyKlippings
DaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmosDaleyKlippings has become one with the cosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NACarter View Post
Hi Clayton,

Here is my MyClippings file from a Kindle 4 No Touch. Would you be able/prepared to produce an import pattern for it? I would appreciate it!

Many thanks.

Nick
Thanks for the file! It included a lot of edge cases I hadn't handled yet.

The short answer is that I have it working. You can download the new 0.6 from my site and it will include a code fix plus the new pattern. If you find any additional issues, please let me know!

http://daleyklippings.claytondaley.com/download/

The long answer is:
  • Your location ranges were being displayed as 1039-40 instead of 1039-1040. I adjusted the logic to support ranges coded this way.
  • The package being used to handle date & time doesn't support the "GMT+1:00" coding.
  • I got it working by excluding this part of the time/date from the date matching algorithm. I believe the software will use your local time anyway so this won't be a big deal.
  • The package being used to handle date & time is supposed to support a 2 digit year (like your file). It is not working properly.
  • I created a workaround that calls python's built in method which supports a 2 digit year without issue.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:36 AM   #55
NACarter
NACarter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Thanks! Great work.

Nick
NACarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #56
la_tristesse
la_tristesse began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by leongeyer View Post
For me as well and I switched the protection in mountain lion off.
la_tristesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:28 AM   #57
jilguerillo
jilguerillo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch light
hi,
i've discovered your application and i think it's great for how i need to manage my highlights.

however, i notice that nothing has been posted here since 2013: is there any other program that i dont'n know for the same purpose?

if not, i would like to ask you about de date importation problems i have. i have an spanish language kindle, and i have done an spanish import pattern that works ok except for the date, that is not recognised.

if it helps anyone, the pattern fos spanish kinlde is: (first change settings/application: Highlight=Tu subrayado, Note=Nota, Bookmark=Marcador)
^\s* #
(?P<Book>.*?) # Book name
\s*-\ Tu\ #
(?P<Type>(subrayado|marcador)) # Clipping type - 'subrayado' or 'marcador'
.*(posición|página)\ #
(?P<Location>[\d-]*) # Location
.*?Añadido\ el \ #
(?P<Date>(.*)) # Date & time
\s* #
(?P<Text>.*?) # Text
\s*$ #

can you give me a date pattern, please? in spanish, the date line from My Clippings.txt is like this:
- Tu subrayado en la posición 3197-3198 | Añadido el jueves, 10 de abril de 2014 23:29:31

the date part starts with "| Añadido el" and the date itself is "jueves, 10 de abril de 2014 23:29:31", that could be traslated as "thursday, 10th of april of 2014 23:29:31", but i didn't succcess with differents date import patters, trying with and without "de" or the name of the day of the week.

tanks a lot!
jilguerillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #58
DaleyKlippings

While this posting gets infrequent update, I occasionally release small fixes on the DaleyKlippings website. I'm aware of a couple of non-English language issues, but haven't gotten around to fixing them. The date issue is the hardest because the program uses Qt or Python for date matching and I believe both default to my local language.

The UI in my local version is ready for the improvement once I figure out how to get it working on the backend. I'll make sure I update this thread if I get it sorted out.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #59
DaleyKlippings

Version 1.3.0 Released

OK. I've released a new version that provides significantly enhanced support for non-English users as well as some extra features (CSV Import/Export, custom settings files, bug fixes).
Old 06-20-2014, 04:57 PM   #60
DaleyKlippings

Version 1.3.2 and OSX Support

Due to intermittent community support, I finally took the time (and dealt with the headaches) to figure out how to generate an OSX app bundle for DaleyKlippings (which included some key changes in v1.3.2). From this point forward, all versions should include OSX support.

The newest version (of OSX, Win-32 MSI, and Win-32 Portable) can be downloaded from the downloads page.

Tags
clippings, kindle tools