Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 08:57 AM   #1
Vengadesan
Technologist
Vengadesan began at the beginning.

Device: none
AZW using Mobipocket Creator

I have got the following message from http://www.ehow.com/how_5147554_convert-doc-azw.html

Set your output as Azw. With Mobipocket Creator, the default output file type is HTML. Click on "Settings" to change your output file type to Azw.

But I cannot find this feature in Mobipocket creator either in Home/Publisher edition.

Any solution on this please....
Vengadesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:01 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
That writer is an idiot. The output format for MobiCreator is Mobi, not html. Mobi is 100% identical to AZW and is completely compatible with the Kindle. You don't even have to change the file suffix.

Just make the ebook and you're fine.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 05:42 AM   #3
Vengadesan
Technologist

Thanks,

I had the same comment. But some we may wrong and that is why I checked with you techies. Thanks again.

Can u help me to convert ePUB or Word to AZW without the Kindle device.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:50 AM   #4
romit
romit began at the beginning.

Just make the ebook and you're fine. .....
romit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:10 AM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengadesan View Post
Thanks,

I had the same comment. But some we may wrong and that is why I checked with you techies. Thanks again.

Can u help me to convert ePUB or Word to AZW without the Kindle device.
Mobipocket Reader Desktop accepts Epub and (I think) Doc as input. It will automatically convert them to Mobi.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Mobipocket Reader Desktop accepts Epub and (I think) Doc as input. It will automatically convert them to Mobi.
Yes this is correct.

The only downfall of mobileread is it doesn't populate the MOBI metadata. For that you need mobicreator.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:02 AM   #7
tomtyler
tomtyler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I have got the following message from http://www.ehow.com/how_5147554_convert-doc-azw.html

Set your output as Azw. With Mobipocket Creator, the default output file type is HTML. Click on "Settings" to change your output file type to Azw.

But I cannot find this feature in Mobipocket creator either in Home/Publisher edition.

Any solution on this please....
I am having exactly the same problem. I dont think I am an idiot as implied by the only reply to your query (but you never know). Did you ever work it out ?
tomtyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The original howto site isn't completely idiotic. What MobiPocket Creator is designed to do is take HTML and produce a MOBI (which is the same as an AZW). It also has an import option that takes a MS Word DOC and converts it to HTML (it actually uses MS Word to do this). So the process is DOC -> HTML -> MOBI. However, this is all done within MobiPocket Creator. MobiPocket has documentation for Creator here.

If you don't like this approach here are two good alternatives. Use Desktop MobiPocket Reader (DMR) instead - it will import the DOC and produce a MOBI (which will be in the directory used by DMR all the MOBIs). Or, use MS Word to export the DOC to some non-propriety format (RTF, HTML, PDF) and then use Calibre (has its own forum here) to convert to MOBI. The best results are probably from HTML, but if you have no graphics RTF might be easiest.

Last edited by wallcraft; 02-20-2010 at 11:48 AM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:09 AM   #9
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
That's a great explanation wallcraft
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:29 AM   #10
Vengadesan
Technologist

Is ePUB or Mobi to AZW converion possible without Kindle device....
Old 03-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #11
Vengadesan
Technologist

Hi, I am facing another problem in Mobi.

ISBN is not visible in metadata inside mobi.... Can I have guidance to make ISBN visible inside mobi reader.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Is ePUB or Mobi to AZW converion possible without Kindle device....
An AZW file is a Mobi file. What do you mean by "Mobi to AZW conversion"?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:43 AM   #13
Vengadesan
Technologist

*.mobi files into *.azw (Kindle's native format) conversion
Vengat
Old 03-08-2010, 01:45 AM   #14
Vengadesan
Technologist

Harry, ISBN is not visible in metadata inside mobipocket Reader. Can I have guidance to make ISBN visible inside mobipocket reader.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:59 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
*.mobi files into *.azw (Kindle's native format) conversion
Vengat
Sorry, I think you misunderstand my question. AZW files are Mobi files. You can change the extension from ".mobi" to ".azw" if you wish, but there's really no need to bother!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote