Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #23146
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Any day that I wake up and no one is shooting at me is a very nice day. It's all perspective.

There is NOTHING so important (to me, anyway.) as a positive mental attitude. I believe we can control our existence, and if 'we' don't control it, someone or something else will, and not always in a way that we want. I prefer optimism to pessimism, and in fact have been soundly chided for it by some. I admit it... I may carry optimism a bit too far. But I believe even yesterday can get better!

Every morning I sit quietly, meditating for 20 minutes and 'visualize' just what I want out of life. I 'see' it in my mind's eye. I do the same in the late afternoon. Then I get off my ass and make it happen.

If there are any doubts about the effect of a P.M.A., just look around. The people with a positive attitude always seem to get just what they want out of life. The people with a negative attitude are always complaining that they don't.

"Every day, in every way, it gets better, better, and better." Émile Coué 1857-1926

Stitchawl
I do not meditate but I fully agree that how you set your mind is how you will be. If you focus on spilled drinks, and messy floors... your day will not be as good as if you focus on positive things. Perception drives reality.

VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #23147
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I do not meditate
Sure you do. But you call it by a different name, and use a different method. You don't sit on the couch and envision your day as such. You get on your knees and pray, giving thanks for what you have and will receive. Different route. Same destination.

Quote:
Perception drives reality.
Absotivly! I've said it in other forums but "we don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." My closest friend back in the States once said that if I were brought into a barn that was piled to the rafters with horse manure, I'd be all happy and excited because I'd be sure there was a pony under there somewhere!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 06:43 AM   #23148
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Any day I have a Lucas in my life is a good one.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:44 AM   #23149
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #23150
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:

Some days will be more interesting then others with him. My son is 9 now... and I can say even after many trips to the ER - life is better with him.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #23151
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
This is only too true.

@ Stitchawl: I prefer thinking everyday is good in its own way. It might vary from wonderful to horrible, but it is good if we choose to look at it under a critical light.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #23152
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Any day I'm still here is a good one .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #23153
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Oolong in my cup.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #23154
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
A full cup (glass) of iced water.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #23155
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Black coffee. The movers are coming today to move the last of my furniture out of my place and into a storage unit. I'm going to remain here in Mom's house for a bit, until I decide where I want to live.

I've taken this opportunity to get rid of so much stuff. It's been very liberating. I'm keeping the bare minimum, plus a few things that mean a lot to me, like the old oak table and mismatched chairs that my sister lovingly refinished for me 30 years or so ago. I love that table. A couple of very early sewing machine treadles. My loom and spinning wheel. Bed, washer and dryer, and 2 rocking chairs. I'm set.
I'm working toward minimum also and the more I get rid of the more "free" I feel. Will you be selling your Mom's house?
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Any day I'm still here is a good one .

I'm alive, I have a warm, safe place to live, I have enough food to eat, I have a job to help with expenses, a family that cares, and everything else is just a plus to how lucky I am. Anything else is just a momentary pothole in the road of life.

Waiting for a fresh cup of coffee to brew.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #23156
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I'm alive, I have a warm, safe place to live, I have enough food to eat, I have a job to help with expenses, a family that cares, and everything else is just a plus to how lucky I am. Anything else is just a momentary pothole in the road of life.

Waiting for a fresh cup of coffee to brew.
Yup. I have my health, a great place to live, and good food. A job would be nice, but I may just bite the bullet and retire to genteel poverty.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #23157
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We stood in the windy city,
The gypsy boy and I.
We slept on the breeze in the midnight
With the rain droppin' tears in our eyes.
And who's going to be the one
To say it was no good what we done?
I dare a man to say I'm too young,
For I'm going to try for the sun.
We huddled in a derelict building
And when he thought I was asleep
He laid his poor coat round my shoulder,
And shivered there beside me in a heap.
And who's going to be the one
To say it was no good what we done?
I dare a man to say I'm too young,
For I'm going to try for the sun.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btHdFS98W7s )

Good morning, all! Happy Sunday! It's a great big mug of Keemun tea that starts off this new week, with some grilled Cajun chicken and strange green vegetable stuff on rice beside it. Tastes pretty good...

Looks as if it's going to be another nice day today. Sun's shinning, we'll go strollin, but no wheat fields wavin, nor dust clouds rollin'. What would Woody have done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Yup. I have my health, a great place to live, and good food. A job would be nice, but I may just bite the bullet and retire to genteel poverty.
Semi-retirement (retyre-ment?) is wonderful. You can pick and choose what you wish to do! When I have a Kodak moment and the urge, I use the photos for magazine articles. When my travel agent calls, I get to go diving and take some underwater pictures. Once a week now I lead a group of VERY interesting senior citizens though a few hours of conversation in English, attempting to help them make the 'wo' sound of 'wood' (instead of 'ood) and the 'th' sound, neither of which are found in the Japanese language. ("R" is only a problem when written.) It would be nice if I had a few million in the bank, but as long as we can stay one jump ahead of the bills, and have a bit extra for play, life is pretty good!

Stitchawl
Old 01-20-2013, 02:57 AM   #23158
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
The problem with semi-retirement is the idiocy of the tax code. With the kind of writing I do, it's hard to keep the monthly earnings big enough to be useful, and yet not so big that I don't go over the maximum allowable. So we'll see.

Meanwhile, a bottle of 1995 Penfold's Grange. The last in my cellar, but a perfect match with roast chicken and good friends.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:03 AM   #23159
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Meanwhile, a bottle of 1995 Penfold's Grange. The last in my cellar, but a perfect match with roast chicken and good friends.
So, do you marinate the good friends before you serve them?

I have Keemun tea in my cup, and it's time to chop up the basil, parsley, and pine nuts for a pesto. My wife found a nice block of cheese today, and that inspired me!

Stitchawl
Old 01-20-2013, 08:12 AM   #23160
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
recently emptied of green tea !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?