Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #301
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Kobo has the Kobo Mini on for $49.99 tomorrow
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #302
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
$14.99 (63% off)
Save on SanDisk microSDHC 32GB...

Good price at Amazon for another hour or so.
That was a good deal! I had it in my Amazon cart for $14.99, but it expired because I took too long to find an additional item to make the total > $25 so I could get free SuperSaver shipping. Oh, well...I suppose I didn't really need it.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #303
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
That was a good deal! I had it in my Amazon cart for $14.99, but it expired because I took too long to find an additional item to make the total > $25 so I could get free SuperSaver shipping. Oh, well...I suppose I didn't really need it.
Go to Costco tomorrow and get the SanDisk Ultra 32GB mSD for $16. Great deal for a high speed card.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #304
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The one that is built in works great! No sleep timer though. I also use Amazon MP3 app. Slacker Radio and Tune In Pro.

Yes Gingerbread is older but I prefer it to the newer Android. My Kindle Fire is 2.3 as well.
Hard to believe there is no sleep timer app for Android. Why do you prefer the older android version?

There is no specs on the screen visibility, like Kindle Fire specs show. But you can see it to read books?

Do you load audiobooks on the samsung and does it play okay?

Thanks Blossom.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #305
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Not exactly electronics, but if anyone sees the m-edge cover for the K4NT cheap please let me know. I ended up with two K4NT yesterday, one for me, one for my mom.
Thanks!
S
I'm looking for a cheap but nice cover for the original Kindle Fire as well. If anyone see ones.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #306
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Hard to believe there is no sleep timer app for Android. Why do you prefer the older android version?

There is no specs on the screen visibility, like Kindle Fire specs show. But you can see it to read books?

Do you load audiobooks on the samsung and does it play okay?

Thanks Blossom.
I'm sure there is an app for it somewhere. I just never looked for one. It has Google Play so you have Access to every app out there.

The screen is WVGA 800x480 with 4:3 Ratio. It's not got going to look anywhere near the HD. I read on it all the time. Day or night with no problems.

It will play Audible or MP3 Audiobooks just fine. for MP3 you will need to use an app for Audiobooks. For Audible there is the Audible app.

This is a full functional tablet. It's not restricted like the Kindle Fire. It does not do Hulu+ or Amazon Instant Videos.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #307
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm sure there is an app for it somewhere. I just never looked for one. It has Google Play so you have Access to every app out there.

The screen is WVGA 800x480 with 4:3 Ratio. It's not got going to look anywhere near the HD. I read on it all the time. Day or night with no problems.

It will play Audible or MP3 Audiobooks just fine. for MP3 you will need to use an app for Audiobooks. For Audible there is the Audible app.

This is a full functional tablet. It's not restricted like the Kindle Fire. It does not do Hulu+ or Amazon Instant Videos.
Thanks Blossom.

I am mostly interested in reading books at night and audiobooks. You did say it looks as good as your Fire right? I don't think the Fire HD books would be any clearer. I just am disappointed in the Paperwhite reading in the dark.

Why do you like this version of Android?

Last edited by new; 11-22-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: android versions
Old 11-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #308
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks Blossom.

I am mostly interested in reading books at night and audiobooks. You did say it looks as good as your Fire right? I don't think the Fire HD books would be any clearer. I just am disappointed in the Paperwhite reading in the dark.

Why do you like this version of Android?
With a little bit of tweaking in Mantano that would be a yes. I have the Original Kindle Fire. The only downside with reading at night is the softkeys are super bright. I cover mine with a black microfiber cloth.

Gingerbread is a nice version of Android. It's stable and works well and I like how it looks. Samsung has some really nice apps too.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #309
new

Quote:
With a little bit of tweaking in Mantano that would be a yes. I have the Original Kindle Fire. The only downside with reading at night is the softkeys are super bright. I cover mine with a black microfiber cloth.

Gingerbread is a nice version of Android. It's stable and works well and I like how it looks. Samsung has some really nice apps too.
Softkeys? What is that?
Old 11-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #310
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Softkeys? What is that?
That is the Menu, Home and Back Buttons on the SGP5.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #311
new

Quote:
That is the Menu, Home and Back Buttons on the SGP5.
Glad you mentioned that. That could be a deal breaker. Screen Dim App doesn't fix that?

You have to tape something over it?
Old 11-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #312
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Glad you mentioned that. That could be a deal breaker. Screen Dim App doesn't fix that?

You have to tape something over it?
You could I just put a cloth over it. It doesn't bother me much anymore. At first it did. Screen Dim works okay but only the Contrast slider. The Min Brightness is the same and system's.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #313
new

Quote:
You could I just put a cloth over it. It doesn't bother me much anymore. At first it did. Screen Dim works okay but only the Contrast slider. The Min Brightness is the same and system's.
Wish me luck, I ordered it from Amazon! I really want more control over my music and books and audiobooks. Itunes drives me nuts.

Thanks for your help. I will have tons of questions next week.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #314
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I found this Youtube video review of the Samsung Galaxy Player which, along with the comments posted here, helped with my decision to buy it. Just posting it here in case anyone's interested in taking a look.

On another note, this is supposed to be the lightning deals calendar for MP3 players and accessories.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #315
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I found this Youtube video review of the Samsung Galaxy Player which, along with the comments posted here, helped with my decision to buy it. Just posting it here in case anyone's interested in taking a look.
That is the review that sold me too! I just couldn't find it earlier.