Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and Pocketbook

I just tried to connect my Pocketbook 301+ for the first time since upgrading to Lion and it's not mounting. Is anyone else having an issue?
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
rseso
rseso began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 301
Same problem here.
rseso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
replicanttom
replicanttom began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360
I own a pocketbook360 and just upgraded to OSX 10.7 Lion - same effect.

Is there already a solution for this problem? I bought ebooks and cannot transfer them to my reader anymore

regards
Thomas
replicanttom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
jekvb
Connoisseur
jekvb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3 Pro; Android: PocketBook & ReadEra
Guys (and girls),

It is clear that this is not a PocketBook issue.
You just upgraded to a different OSX version.
This version seems to have a problem with the FAT32 filesystem driver or with the USB bus.
I 'd suggest you collect the information from "dmesg" or /var/log/messages and drop this into the right MacOSX Forum.

Just my 2 pesos, Kuba

Last edited by jekvb; 07-30-2011 at 10:36 AM. Reason: typo
jekvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:36 AM   #5
fairhsa
fairhsa began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360
I just tried to connect my pocketbook to my new Macbook Air which came with Lion - nothing whatsoever is happening. I'm on holiday with no access to USB sticks or any other stuff - any ideas what I can do? I wanted to copy some books and take it with me hiking tomorrow......
fairhsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #6
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
Has anyone contacted Pocketbook? Although technically it isn't their problem, if I found they don't support this kind of upgrade of OSX I would not buy their products.
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #7
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna01 View Post
Has anyone contacted Pocketbook? Although technically it isn't their problem, if I found they don't support this kind of upgrade of OSX I would not buy their products.
I contacted them about this matter. Unfortunately, they do not support this kind of upgrade.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #8
lcc
lcc began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
Lightbulb

This is not a real solution, but many newer Macs have a SD-Card slot, so you just need an MicroSD to SD adapter…
lcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:23 AM   #9
mattiwbln
mattiwbln began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Everyone,

i'm new here, been lurking and reading along for a while. Since this (no PB903 connection to MacLion) influences my decision on which device to buy, i'd like to have a word...

Didi anyone try to boot Lion into 32bit mode and connect the PB then? Had trouble with USB-drivers before and this helped.

Have a nice day Everyone
Matthias
mattiwbln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I have a PB902 that works fine with the same version of Lion, it seems to be a problem with just the older models.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote