Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
Paul Levine
Connoisseur
Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
BALLISTIC: Tom Clancy with a "sense of humor and better writing."

After 13 books published with New York houses, my first e-book original novel, "Ballistic," is out today for $2.99 on Kindle, Nook, and Smashwords.

A Nuclear Missile...

A Band of Terrorists...

And Only Two People Who Can Prevent Armageddon.

When a doomsday cult captures an U.S. Air Force missile base, it's up to a lowly sergeant and a female psychiatrist to prevent a nuclear holocaust. My late friend Stephen J. Cannell described the story as "'Die Hard' in a missile silo."

While researching the book, I watched the launch of a test ICBM from the command capsule at Vandenburg Air Force Base and laid my hands on a nuclear warhead. But no riding the bomb like Slim Pickens in "Dr. Strangelove."

There's a 7,500 word free excerpt on KINDLE NATION DAILY with this comment:

"Are you ready for something new? Imagine Paul Levine channeling Tom Clancy, but with a sense of humor and far, far better writing."

KINDLE version here..

NOOK here.

SMASHWORDS here.

Paul Levine
Paul Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #2
tm3
Groupie
tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle 3
that might be interesting -- i'll take a look at it.

clancy has unfortunately slipped in his later works. earlier on he was noted for putting in details that were almost classified material. now he reverts to the TV cliche of "hit 'em in the head to knock 'em out, throw cold water in their face to wake 'em up."
tm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
darylbrayman
Connoisseur
darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Mini, Glo, Aura and Aura H20
Ballastic

I will defiantly buy it when I get home, I'm on a ship in the North Sea at the moment. I had already looked at this on your Facebook entry.

As for Tom Clancy, does he even write books anymore. they all seem to have his name in great big letters but look to the bottom and it says Written by ............
darylbrayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm3 View Post
that might be interesting -- i'll take a look at it.

clancy has unfortunately slipped in his later works. earlier on he was noted for putting in details that were almost classified material. now he reverts to the TV cliche of "hit 'em in the head to knock 'em out, throw cold water in their face to wake 'em up."
(My emphasis)

Actually I heard from a sailor who served on a US Navy Los Angeles class attack sub (Like the "Dallas" in Clancy's "Hunt for Red October") who said that Clancy's details were full of ... err, inaccuracies. Nowhere near the truth. But we digress.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #5
Paul Levine
Connoisseur
Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Weekend Warrior

Back when I was writing for "JAG," I got to drive a Los Angeles class sub...for about 30 seconds.

I also spent some time on the U.S.S. Constellation, the aircraft carrier. Photo is from the flight deck. Of course, that didn't make me an expert at anything.

Paul Levine
Paul Levine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballistic, jake lassiter, nuclear missiles, paul levine, tom clancy