Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
Ky306
Ky306 began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise 1150
eBook can't read the books I've imported, pls pls help

I need some help getting books onto my Ebookwise..I'm using EBWLibrarian on my computer and I've finally successfully imported a book to my bookshelf and got my Ebook connected to the internet etc, after many problems.
It now recognises that I have a book on the online bookshelf and shows up fine on the computer but the Ebook, when I click on the 'online bookshelf' part, comes up with this:

'Although there is an eBook on your eBookwise Librarian bookshelf, it is not suitable for this device
Please try again with another bookshelf or create some eBooks formatted for this device'

The book I'm trying automatically was converted into .imp..so what's the problem? I've tried everything..except making a new bookshelf, how do I do that?
Plus, I put the book in a category as it says I have to but I made up the category, it's not like I made a new one on the actual eBook, is that possible and could that be the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help!!
Ky306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky306 View Post
I need some help getting books onto my Ebookwise..I'm using EBWLibrarian on my computer and I've finally successfully imported a book to my bookshelf and got my Ebook connected to the internet etc, after many problems.
I take it when you say you "imported" the book you mean you used the "Created New..." button? If so, then you had to choose the "eBook Type" which should have been "GEB1150 (Grayscale Half VGA)". This is the .imp ebook type that is read by the EBW1150. The GEB2150/REB1200 ebook type cannot be transferred to your eBookwise 1150 so ensure you didn't use that format. To check, review what GEBLibrarian displays under the "eBook Format" column in your Bookshelf screen (it should display "GEB1150").

If not, then re-create that ebook with the Grayscale Half VGA format.

If you transferred the ebook from another source into your Bookshelf directory, then again check that it displays the correct "eBook Format". Also, you must check if the file is "protected" or encrypted to some-one else's EBW1150. Just see if you can view the ebook on the PC using the installed viewer. If not, then it's protected.

Quote:
It now recognises that I have a book on the online bookshelf and shows up fine on the computer but the Ebook, when I click on the 'online bookshelf' part, comes up with this:

'Although there is an eBook on your eBookwise Librarian bookshelf, it is not suitable for this device
Please try again with another bookshelf or create some eBooks formatted for this device'
It seems that the ebook you are transferring is of a different .imp ebook format than the required EBW1150 Grayscale Half VGA or is encrypted with a .key file. If you created that ebook using the ETI eBook Publisher, then do so again without checking the Encrypt setting in the Build Options tab therein.

Quote:
The book I'm trying automatically was converted into .imp..so what's the problem? I've tried everything..except making a new bookshelf, how do I do that?
Plus, I put the book in a category as it says I have to but I made up the category, it's not like I made a new one on the actual eBook, is that possible and could that be the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help!!
If you want me to check your file, just Private Message me or send me the file at nrapallo ( a t ) yahoo.ca . I'll report back with my findings.

Last edited by nrapallo; 10-09-2010 at 10:36 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
Ky306

Okay I'll tell you what I did (and just tried again now following your instructions) so hopefully this will help?

I turned on the Ebookwise, then opened the EBWLibrarian. Clicked 'Create New' and selected a book from a folder on my computer, filled in the name of the book, author and category. The format is automatically--and I double checked it--as you said, "GEB1150 (Grayscale Half VGA)"

Uploaded it, said upload was successful and it appeared on my bookshelf on my computer. However, I look at the format it says the book is there (on the EBWLibrarian) and it says 'eBookwse 1150'. I believe this could possibly be the problem? If so, how do I change it? I've tried uploading the book as 'eBookwise 1150 (default)' as well and it doesn't change the format etc nor any of the problems I'm having..

I can view the book as it would appear on the eBookwise, from my computer, so it's not protected. I can upload the book as a word doc, rtf, any of those and it doesn't change anything.

Thank you so much for your help so far, looking forward to more replies so I can finally get this sorted!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Ky306

When you get your problem sorted out, come on over and introduce yourself. Use the link below.

Lots of good info on this site to explore.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:59 PM   #5
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Uploaded it, said upload was successful and it appeared on my bookshelf on my computer. However, I look at the format it says the book is there (on the EBWLibrarian) and it says 'eBookwse 1150'. I believe this could possibly be the problem?
Sorry, in EBWLibrarian, eBookwise 1150 = GEB1150. I have the older GEBLibrarian software (identical but uses those older terms instead of the newer EBW1150 (originally GEB1150) and REB 1200 (aka GEB2150). The last one is my ebook reader's format.

Quote:
If so, how do I change it? I've tried uploading the book as 'eBookwise 1150 (default)' as well and it doesn't change the format etc nor any of the problems I'm having..

I can view the book as it would appear on the eBookwise, from my computer, so it's not protected. I can upload the book as a word doc, rtf, any of those and it doesn't change anything.

Thank you so much for your help so far, looking forward to more replies so I can finally get this sorted!
You previously said you registered the eBookwise 1150 and connected it to the internet. I take it that that works fine and so your ETI driver is working properly. You should also be able to connect to the ETI Servers and download your free sample ebooks as well as the look-up dictionary.

However, the EBWLibrarian requires that you change on the EBW1150 some "Settings" in the "Phone Connection" section, namely the "Use HTTP proxy" should be CHECKED as well as the "Use proxy for USB". You should also enter into the "HTTP proxy address and port" boxes: "127.0.0.1" and "9090" respectively.

If your EBWLibrarian is running then the next page (Network Information) after the "Phone Connection" setting will show your USB Link Status and Connection type. If they are "up" and "connected", then go to your "eBookshelf" and click the "Online Bookshelf" tab.

This will now connect you to the EBWLibrarian program and allow you to download your ebooks by tapping the circled book icon beside the ebook title.

I hope this works for you now.

Last edited by nrapallo; 10-10-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 11:23 PM   #6
Ky306

I already checked the 'Use HTTP Proxy' and 'Use proxy for USB' part and put in the proxy address (which I believe was my computer's IP address, not that number you gave me, though I have tried both and both said I was connected but still had the format problem) and '9090'.

It says the USB is up and it's all connected.
I try to go to the 'bookstore' but it says 'The requested document or page could not be located. You may wish to advise your content administrator'

And yet still, when I say to go to the online bookshelf, it says there is a book there but that it is the wrong format, still!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:21 AM   #7
nrapallo

Quote:
And yet still, when I say to go to the online bookshelf, it says there is a book there but that it is the wrong format, still!
That's odd, either the internal memory, that ebook or the EBWLibrarian bookshelf ebook could be corrupt.

Were you able to download the free sample ebooks from the Online ETI Servers after registration? If so, then it's not a firewall blocking issue. If not, please respond and tell me what computer OS you use (WinXP, Vista, Win 7, MAC OSX,...) and if any software firewalls are used.

Perhaps you can try and call eBookwise support or consider emailing Garth Conboy of ETI Technologies. They may have seen that type of error and may have a firmware / software fix for you. They may even have a set of steps that you allow you to overcome this difficulty.

By the way, can you add any of the Mobileread.com Uploaded .imp ebooks to EBWLibrarian and transfer them? What about trying to use impserve instead.

Again, without seeing the file, I cannot rule out if the ebook is corrupt or not and whether your EBWLibrarian is the real cause...

All I can say is keep at it, it does work (eventually)!