Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

View Poll Results: What type of books do you read?
Non-Fiction 1 1.67%
Humor 0 0%
Indie 0 0%
Lifestyle & Home 0 0%
Mystery and Thriller 18 30.00%
Religion 0 0%
Romance 7 11.67%
Self Help 0 0%
Travel 0 0%
Science Fiction & Fantasy 24 40.00%
Sports 0 0%
How To 0 0%
Biographies and Memoirs 1 1.67%
Education 0 0%
History 0 0%
Parenting 0 0%
Politics 0 0%
Technical 0 0%
Computers 1 1.67%
Other 8 13.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #31
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
I voted SF & F but only because these are the genres that I read most.

However, SF & F only make up say 30-40% or so of what I read.

I also read Historical fiction and non fiction, Mystery and Thrillers, Science and Political non fiction and Humour.
I read other types of books as well but not in such numbers that it makes any difference (say once or twice a year I will read a book that does not fit in any of the above).

I'm one of those people that re-reads books, in some cases a a lot of times (I have "favourite" books and series that I must have read 7-8 times).
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #32
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I imagine that few people only read one type of book. Your poll is therefore of very limited value.
I'm going to attempt to make a second poll with multiple choice. The OP said it was ok for me to do so.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #33
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I'm going to attempt to make a second poll with multiple choice. The OP said it was ok for me to do so.
Well done.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #34
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feenix1363 View Post
Well done.
Thank you! I still missed Literature and Fiction though
Old 11-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #35
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur
DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Kindle
I voted romance...but...

Have you read Barbara Silkstone's fractured fairytales? She writes funny, fast-paced mysteries. One is called Zo White and the Seven Morphs. Very entertaining.

Last edited by dreams; 11-12-2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: please use full links without affiliate links - moderator
DonnaFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
If I re-work this poll later on I will include that option, appache.
Just get a moderator to redo the poll so everyone who has voted can re-vote and everyone who hasn't can actually vote.

Also, Mystery & Thriller are separate categories just as Science Fiction and Fantasy as well as Lifestyle & Home should be separate. Just because Amazon botches them, doesn't mean you have to as well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #37
Pookeysgirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just get a moderator to redo the poll so everyone who has voted can re-vote and everyone who hasn't can actually vote.

Also, Mystery & Thriller are separate categories just as Science Fiction and Fantasy as well as Lifestyle & Home should be separate. Just because Amazon botches them, doesn't mean you have to as well.
I re-did the poll here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=196314
Old 11-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #38
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Can't vote because I don't read only one genre - sorry.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #39
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Maybe you should try to vote for your favorite genre among all those you like, the one that stands out above the others for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
Can't vote because I don't read only one genre - sorry.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote