Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
avinatbezeq
Connoisseur
avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, KDXG
Anything better than KDKG?

Hello all,

I have the Kindle DX Graphite (KDXG). It's a little old, and I'm thinking about possible replacements.

What I want is e-ink (I tried but did not like reading on my wife's iPad 2), large screen, hopefully better PPI than the KDXG, and the ability to surf the Web through WiFi. Price should be below $300.

Is there anything out there - or possibly rumors about one - that fits the bill?

Regards,

Avi
avinatbezeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Get pocketbook 912 Pro. Amazing software, open and can read almost all necessary filetypes that should be readable on ereader. It's going to be my next device.

Currently it is out of sale. But maybe you will find deals outside their website.

Last edited by Nexutix; 10-02-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:50 AM   #3
Bani
Bani began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
The Icarus Excel looks interesting. http://www.amazon.com/ICARUS-Reader-.../dp/B007FC2QBW There is also a review of it here http://goodereader.com/blog/reviews/...inch-e-reader/
Bani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:04 AM   #4
TonyGamble
Groupie
TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
I think that Excel is the same as the Onyx M92
TonyGamble is offline   Reply With Quote