Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: What is the greatest threat on the horizon?
No one will ever get the hang of Thursdays. 9 24.32%
The moon will get too close to it & knock Earth off-orbit. 7 18.92%
The blue one next to the fish. 21 56.76%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #16
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Very good job. I couldn't see the results before taking the poll and I can't see them after. Like they said above, I can see in italics the option I voted for.

I hope this is the end of those silly fights on the book-of-the-month thread. But I will not hold my breath
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:17 PM   #17
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
This message "Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected." appears above the poll. But this message "Votes are hidden until this poll is closed" appears once you vote (instead of the bar and number as usual),

Thank you to both you and Alex for working on this, and giving us an addi'l option.

Excellent job!

Oh question: Will we be allowed enough to see the final vote before the thread is deleted? Just out of curiosity.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:20 PM   #18
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Since I voted too fast to look, what about the "see results" button you can press on other polls to see results before you vote? Is it just not there on this kind of poll?
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #19
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I do not remember seeing it as an option. In fact, I think it stated a variation of "Votes Are Hidden Until This Poll Is Closed".
Old 09-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #20
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Before vote images and after vote image for hidden poll.

So will this be tried out next month and then a vote on what is preferred?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	poll image 1.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	76966   Click image for larger version

Name:	poll image 2.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	76967   Click image for larger version

Name:	poll image 4.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	76968  
Old 09-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #21
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I assume because I'm the OP. Time will tell.
I'm not sure if the non-mod OP can, but as moderators we can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcao View Post
Very good job. I couldn't see the results before taking the poll and I can't see them after. Like they said above, I can see in italics the option I voted for.

I hope this is the end of those silly fights on the book-of-the-month thread. But I will not hold my breath
As a moderator, I was able to see who voted before I voted and after voting I could also click to see who voted . So, it may be that only moderators are able to view the votes. I didn't play with it much after that.

Now to see how it displays after the poll closes and we see the results of "Votes Are Hidden Until This Poll Is Closed".
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #22
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post

I'm hoping that is the case! Thanks for adding the images.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:12 PM   #23
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Oh question: Will we be allowed enough to see the final vote before the thread is deleted? Just out of curiosity.
I guess I could go ahead and let this thread survive, since there are so many responses, and I know folks want to know the answer to the pressing question I posted.

It's only a 24-hour poll.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:17 PM   #24
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post

OMG! I can't believe I made that fundamental of a grammatical error! Must have been a typo. Fixed now.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #25
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I'm not sure if the non-mod OP can, but as moderators we can.

As a moderator, I was able to see who voted before I voted and after voting I could also click to see who voted . So, it may be that only moderators are able to view the votes. I didn't play with it much after that.

Now to see how it displays after the poll closes and we see the results of "Votes Are Hidden Until This Poll Is Closed".
Thanks for chiming in, dreams. I guess now we know we're privileged characters!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #26
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Alex made an announcement about this new feature and it seems that non-mod poll creators & mods are able to see the vote results.

New feature: Hide voting results until poll is closed
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:07 PM   #27
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Excellent. I'm going to make a habit of changing all book club related polls so that the book I am currently reading is always winning. I believe "One Fish Two Fish..." is a classic/literature/SF/non-fiction/romance/etc., is it not?
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #28
Nyssa
Series Addict

Ooh Ohh Ohh Can we please try out our new hidden poll with January!?! It is
Wild Card month - (no nominations, a vote of all the non-winning nominations from the last 11 months) and the first of the new year. It just seems like a wonderful time to try something new.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:46 PM   #29
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Excellent. I'm going to make a habit of changing all book club related polls so that the book I am currently reading is always winning. I believe "One Fish Two Fish..." is a classic/literature/SF/non-fiction/romance/etc., is it not?
Of course it is! One of the few classics that I've read!

As for giving Alex Karma or belly rubs -- I'm not sure his wife will appreciate the latter from some of our avatars! (in person being much more harmless than my avatar)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:51 PM   #30
Ron.
Evangelist
Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, LookBook, Nook Simple Touch
The one I pick never wins!
Ron. is offline   Reply With Quote