Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-18-2021, 08:57 AM   #16
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The Wiki page is maintained by whoever gets to it. I haven't seen a reason to hurry for the Elipsa until it settled down a bit. But, I have just added the Elipsa and Mark 8 to the list and three firmware versions that I saw threads for quickly. Including this one.
Thank you, davidfor. I appreciate it. I have no idea why the other link is not working for me.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 12:19 PM   #17
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In my CSS, I have "text-decoration: none" defined for all <a href> tags, yet with firmware 4.28.17925, all links are underlined. I don't remember this happening with the previous Elipsa firmware (4.28.17826), and it definitely doesn't happen on my Forma running firmware 4.26.16704. Is this new behavior?
Advert
Old 07-19-2021, 10:55 AM   #18
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Any discernible/noticeable changes or improvements in this update?
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:56 AM   #19
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
Hi, I have got Kobo Clara HD. I have read this from @pgaskin/kobopatch-patches:

This is the initial release for 4.28.17623, 4.28.17820, 4.28.17826, and 4.28.17925 (released for the Elipsa, but works on all devices).

I just wanted to confirm that this is correct and if it is worth installing in clara HD because I had read that it was only for elipsa.

Thanks
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:38 AM   #20
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelocotonto View Post

This is the initial release for 4.28.17623, 4.28.17820, 4.28.17826, and 4.28.17925 (released for the Elipsa, but works on all devices).

I just wanted to confirm that this is correct and if it is worth installing in clara HD because I had read that it was only for elipsa.
I had 4.28.17826 and now have 4.28.17925 on my Glo HD with no issues. But, I haven't used it much and haven't noticed any changes. About the only thing I can think is that the Dark Mode can be turned on with a config file option.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2021, 09:05 AM   #21
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelocotonto View Post

Just a personal opinion but I can't think of a single benefit to loading any of these on devices other than an Elipsa. You're not missing anything yet
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:06 AM   #22
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Just a personal opinion but I can't think of a single benefit to loading any of these on devices other than an Elipsa. You're not missing anything yet
I agree. And the Elipsa firmware updates seem to be coming frequently these days. Why not wait until things settle down?
Calenorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 10:14 AM   #23
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
Thanks to davidfor, jackie_w and Calenorn. I will wait. 8-)
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 10:53 AM   #24
icallaci
Guru

Is anyone else noticing that all links are underlined in 4.28.17925, even if you've got "text-decoration: none;" defined in the CSS?
Old 07-20-2021, 02:42 PM   #25
JasperBeardly
Enthusiast
JasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Text-decoration and color are ignored on my Forma on 4.26.16704 so I don’t know if it’s ever worked
JasperBeardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 04:55 PM   #26
icallaci
Guru

Thanks. Text-decoration works on my Forma (4.26.16704), so maybe there is something about those particular books that is causing it on the Elipsa.

Edit: Just checked the same book on the Forma and the Elipsa. "Text-decoration: none" works on the Forma with 4.26.16704, but not on the Elipsa with 4.28.17925.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperBeardly View Post
Text-decoration and color are ignored on my Forma on 4.26.16704 so I don’t know if it’s ever worked

Last edited by icallaci; 07-20-2021 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-20-2021, 05:44 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
Thanks. Text-decoration works on my Forma (4.26.16704), so maybe there is something about those particular books that is causing it on the Elipsa.

Edit: Just checked the same book on the Forma and the Elipsa. "Text-decoration: none" works on the Forma with 4.26.16704, but not on the Elipsa with 4.28.17925.
Does "Text-decoration: none" work on the Forma with 4.28.17925?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:53 PM   #28
icallaci
Guru

That's my next step. I was waiting for the patches to come out (I've been using the Elipsa without patches and have discovered I quite like it unpatched), so when I get a chance, I will put the new firmware on the Forma and give it a try (unpatched). I'll report back here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does "Text-decoration: none" work on the Forma with 4.28.17925?
Old 07-20-2021, 06:09 PM   #29
icallaci
Guru

So, guess what? Just loaded 4.28.17925 on my Forma and "text-decoration: none" does not work. All links are underlined. So it seems to be a problem with this particular firmware, not the device.

Last edited by icallaci; 07-20-2021 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-20-2021, 09:52 PM   #30
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
So, guess what? Just loaded 4.28.17925 on my Forma and "text-decoration: none" does not work. All links are underlined. So it seems to be a problem with this particular firmware, not the device.
epub or kepub?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release