Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-19-2020, 01:26 PM   #16
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
What about the clock?
I’m waiting on patches (and a fully detailed report from JSWOLF about every intricate detail of this update) to update.

But I’m reasonably sure that Kobo isn’t going to remove a feature they just added that quickly unless it’s causing bugs.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:32 PM   #17
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
The Page arrows are a good addition for devices without buttons. I think there's lots of space left beteen the drop down filters and the ... icon,, it would be a perfect place to replace the Page#
agreed. here's hoping.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2020, 01:35 PM   #18
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
But I’m reasonably sure that Kobo isn’t going to remove a feature they just added that quickly unless it’s causing bugs.
I don't want it removed I want it everywhere even on sleep mode
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:46 PM   #19
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I don't want it removed I want it everywhere even on sleep mode
Again a guess but you probably won’t see it in sleep mode. It’d definitely have a battery impact then since the screen would need to be updated, and calls to various processes would need to be made.

And given kobo has had a clock in the reader for longer than I’ve used a Kobo I would be surprised if they moved it from the menu pop up.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:57 PM   #20
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Patches are out.

NickelMenu, NickelSeries, dictutil, etc didn't need any updates.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2020, 03:56 PM   #21
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
All in all I preferred the older firmware. I liked arrows, but now I sometimes open a book when I just want to scroll through the list page.

And then if we also consider the poor accuracy of the touch of the Aura One, the problem is even more serious.

Maybe it's more "cute", maybe you save a touch but it's less functional.
Arrows again, vertical, not horizontal but they do the job.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:54 PM   #22
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
My only comment: This is just about adding the arrows to the scrollbars. I assume Kobo had a lot of complaints. I don't believe there are any other changes. But, it does seem to have been rolled out everywhere immediately.

As this is a minor update to the 4.23.x firmware, see my post in the 4.23.15505 thread for more details of the changes relative to older firmware.

calibre
For calibre, the change needed for the 4.23.x firmware versions have already been made. They will be in the next calibre release. Until then, it is safe to use the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option in the drivers.

Last edited by davidfor; 08-23-2020 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Add link to more complete notes.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:48 PM   #23
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
For some reason after grabbing the firmware update my Kobo Aura HD sometimes locks up when I wake it from sleep (the touch stops responding) and I have to reboot it to make it work again. I hope its a temporary glitch with the firmware and not the age of my reader.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:25 AM   #24
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Arrows: slight glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Are those arrows for moving one page at a time? That would be good.
I definitely appreciate the arrows to scroll one page at a time. They are manageable on my KA1, but they are still small, so I wonder how manageable they are on smaller screens. Still an improvement on the previous firmware.
The only glitch I have is that sometimes even if I press the arrow (and I can see that it has been pressed) the page doesn't change. It takes 2-3 presses to move. Strange, but not a problem.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:56 AM   #25
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
I did noticed some odd point:
starting with FW 4.23.15505 I can see on my KA2v1 under More > Settings > Device Information a new entry "Whats new" with the release notes.
That entry does not appear on my Clara with FW 4.23.15505 and also not with FW 4.23.15548.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 05:40 AM   #26
Mansoul
Mansoul is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mansoul is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mansoul is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mansoul is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mansoul is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mansoul is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mansoul is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mansoul is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mansoul is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mansoul is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mansoul is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Am I missing something with the page scrolling thing? I just swipe left/right to page up/down.
Mansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 05:42 AM   #27
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
starting with FW 4.23.15505 I can see on my KA2v1 under More > Settings > Device Information a new entry "Whats new" with the release notes.
That entry does not appear on my Clara with FW 4.23.15505 and also not with FW 4.23.15548.
It is there on my Clara HD, as well as on all my other devices.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 06:31 AM   #28
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The conf of my KA2v1 shows this:

Code:
[DialogSettings]
ReleaseNotesShown=true
The Clara showed this:

Code:
[DialogSettings]
TasteProfileJitShown=true
I added the ReleaseNotesShown=true to my Clara, restarted, but no change. So its still odd.
Old 08-20-2020, 08:18 AM   #29
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
I have a Kobo Aura One LE, Forma, and Libra H2O, and none of them have the "What's New" entry after upgrading to FW 4.23.15505.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 09:12 AM   #30
DrChiper
Bookish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
I have a Kobo Aura One LE, Forma, and Libra H2O, and none of them have the "What's New" entry after upgrading to FW 4.23.15505.
The plot thickens: so there must be "something" which determines when to display this entry. It is not related to:
  • language
  • config file
  • affiliation
  • version
  • dev-mode

Tags
firmware, firmware release