Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-19-2021, 10:43 PM   #16
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 7, Likebook 7, Tolino 7, Kobo 5, Kindle 3,
Neither OReader nor AlReader have fonts - they use those from the system.
And because of the other problems you have, contact Google - they are in the Android.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:35 PM   #17
endemion06463
endemion06463 began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Neither OReader nor AlReader have fonts - they use those from the system.
And because of the other problems you have, contact Google - they are in the Android.
My system contains only 1 font right now yet alreader manages to produce a bunch. Anyway it later did add that one font to the list. So that's not an issue anymore. What is an issue, the menu coloring, with the white theme it's fine but flipping pages then looks like double printed pages, quite unpleasant. Using the e-ink compatibility certain menu elements are unusably dark, like the page select slider.

Alright Google, how about you tell me how to contact google? Because I don't know if you know this but they really really really don't want to accommodate people in that regard. Not to mention that people have been complaining about this for years with no effect. So we're stuck figuring out workarounds. I would appreciate some actual useful input instead what you're doing.

As for the device storage acces with a drive letter. The trail version of MTP Drive is somewhat useful as it comes with a 30 file transfer limit per reboot. So as long as I don't exceed that... But it's far from ideal. I tried the built in wifi transfer but no dice the port 8080 can't be changed which is a problem. So I found this (ad free) program called HTTP File Server that works fine on another port. Then by using the map network drive in the win explorer you can get yourself driveletter access to the device. It is slower though than via usb cable.

I also found this tool FreeFileSync that can handle MTP. So far the best cabled option I've found to suit my needs at least.

Last edited by endemion06463; 09-29-2021 at 05:19 PM.
endemion06463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 01:16 PM   #18
olderTechnology
olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My P78 screen cracked across the corner. Normal use, no dropping.

Also, there appear to be no tempered glass screen protectors for P78's. Does anybody know of one?
olderTechnology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 04:44 PM   #19
endemion06463

The device is 197.2mm x 138.7mm bezels included.
Wouldn't a 9" universal screen protector work? They're usually in that size range.

When doing a quick search this one pops up.
https://www.amazon.nl/BROTECT-Screen.../dp/B097F23PK6
Old 09-29-2021, 10:09 PM   #20
Deobulakenyo
Zealot
Deobulakenyo has learned how to read e-booksDeobulakenyo has learned how to read e-booksDeobulakenyo has learned how to read e-booksDeobulakenyo has learned how to read e-booksDeobulakenyo has learned how to read e-booksDeobulakenyo has learned how to read e-booksDeobulakenyo has learned how to read e-booksDeobulakenyo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Boyue Likebook P78
i do not use screen protectors on my ereaders. But i use a bag with a relative thick cushion and soft lining inside to protect the device
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 02:44 AM   #21
Sarmat89
Addict
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
IMO, the only reason for MTP is DRM and the desire to have "walled gardens".
The reason for MTP is accessing the device storage in OS-independent manner. Mass storage approach requires using filesystems that causes compatibility issues.
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:41 PM   #22
olderTechnology
olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endemion06463 View Post
The device is 197.2mm x 138.7mm bezels included.
Wouldn't a 9" universal screen protector work? They're usually in that size range.

When doing a quick search this one pops up.
https://www.amazon.nl/BROTECT-Screen.../dp/B097F23PK6
There are plenty of 9 inch screen protectors, but none of them on Amazon USA match that aspect ratio. I'm hoping to get glass, not film. Your Dutch link mentions the P78, but I can't find that exact protector for sale at Amazon USA or Amazon UK. What are these "universal" 9 inch protectors that you speak of?
Old 10-02-2021, 08:04 AM   #23
endemion06463

Well those Brotect ones are available on other websites as wel so it's not impossible to get but considering they're German made shipping/importing to the US is kinda expensive.
https://www.screenshield.us/product/...-likebook-p78/

Tis one may work (the 135mm width version).
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...94368690%22%7D

I also came across this one it's film but the 9 inch version should fit almost exactly. Thought I'd mention it at least.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284...39905967%22%7D

Last edited by endemion06463; 10-02-2021 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-02-2021, 03:21 PM   #24
olderTechnology

Thanks, the actual P78 glass size, that a protector would have to attach to, is about 191mm x 132mm. These are great leads, I'll keep looking.