Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-19-2021, 12:00 AM   #1
Spfamy1
Connoisseur
Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: iPhone 6s Plus
Getting concerned about Marvin and upcoming iOS 15 update

I’m getting more concerned about the integrity of my library and the upcoming iOS 15 upgrade in Marvin. Since Marvin doesn’t seem to be getting anymore updates or development has completely stopped I’m seriously wondering whether we should transfer our libraries over to Bluefire or whatever that’s still being developed out there. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this issue. How to safeguard your library and planning to transfer it to any other iOS apps that read epubs?
Spfamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 07:25 AM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spfamy1 View Post
I’m getting more concerned about the integrity of my library and the upcoming iOS 15 upgrade in Marvin. Since Marvin doesn’t seem to be getting anymore updates or development has completely stopped I’m seriously wondering whether we should transfer our libraries over to Bluefire or whatever that’s still being developed out there. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this issue. How to safeguard your library and planning to transfer it to any other iOS apps that read epubs?
Marvin has been working fine with the beta. With that said, eventually it's going to stop working. Certainly, you should have your library backed up somewhere so you won't lose anything if something happens to your phone. I keep all my books in calibre on my desktop, so when I need to move to a new app, I can do so fairly easily.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:54 AM   #3
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2 & Air/Surface Pro/Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Marvin has been working fine with the beta. With that said, eventually it's going to stop working. Certainly, you should have your library backed up somewhere so you won't lose anything if something happens to your phone. I keep all my books in calibre on my desktop, so when I need to move to a new app, I can do so fairly easily.

Me too!

Marvin is very well programmed. It would take a MAJOR change (and I don't mean just going from 14 to 15) to make it stop working completely - something like going from kobold to C++ would do it.

At worst I could see a minor function that relies on a 3rd party to fail because Apple tries to lockdown their control even more.

Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 01:23 PM   #4
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
I upgraded to iOS 15 a few days ago and everything is still working fine with Marvin.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 02:51 PM   #5
skillachie
Zealot
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Nexus 5X"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spfamy1 View Post
We have had a few users switched from Marvin to BookFusion for the same reason you mentioned. Development is active and significant improvements have been released this year. Take the iOS app for a spin at https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bookfusion/id1141834096 and let me know what you think.

We also had a release last week that had several improvements.
https://www.reddit.com/r/BookFusion/...ew_lists_more/
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote