Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-16-2022, 12:03 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Sony USA and Sony UK only have manuals and old Mac & PC programs, no firmware updates for the PRS505.
https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/s...series/prs-505

Unless it's already got epub or someone has a copy or it's on archive.org the OP is stuck on LRF.

I agree epub is far better.

Maybe this will help
https://archive.org/details/ebook-applications-firmware

I wanted a S/H 5" and my research suggested that the oldest safe-to-buy Sonys where the PRS-350 and related models (PRS650 etc). I got a PRS-350 and battery is still reasonable.
https://archive.org/download/ebook-a...e_1.10.0.4.zip does have ePub for the 505.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 02:33 PM   #17
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I've downloaded that in case an old Sony turns up at CEX or a charity shop!
Thanks.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2022, 04:52 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I've downloaded that in case an old Sony turns up at CEX or a charity shop!
Thanks.
I have an old Sony PRS-650 and a T1. The 650 could use a new battery and the T1 was OK last I used it. Not used either since I got the H2O not long after it came out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote