Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-25-2022, 07:27 PM   #1336
Philippk_94
Philippk_94 began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Hello, I couldn't find an answer anywhere. Maybe someone here knows which settings are the best for the Tolino Shine 3.
Philippk_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 09:20 PM   #1337
GuiSalles
GuiSalles began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021
Here's what's going on:
I've been doing the exact same path as I've used in the last couple of years for my Kindle 6

Download Manga in PDF or JPG > KCC to EPUB (Kindle Oasis output) > Calibre ePUB Merge > Calibre convert to MOBI

I'm getting a blank page after every page I flip in my Paperwhite 2021
I've tried Normal Kindle output, Kindle Paperwhite 3 and Kindle Oasis output both in KCC and Calibre

Am i missing something I should change or that's just the way it is while KCC doesn't update to support Paperwhite 2021?

I hope you guys can help me, it's extremely annoying and I'm sincerely regretting upgrading my Kindle
GuiSalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2022, 10:09 PM   #1338
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiSalles View Post
Here's what's going on:
I've been doing the exact same path as I've used in the last couple of years for my Kindle 6

Download Manga in PDF or JPG > KCC to EPUB (Kindle Oasis output) > Calibre ePUB Merge > Calibre convert to MOBI
The process you are using seems wrong to me. From the KCC documentation:

Quote:
Don't convert files created by KCC with Calibre! Any conversion process will corrupt the file!
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 01:13 AM   #1339
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiSalles View Post
Download Manga in PDF or JPG > KCC to EPUB (Kindle Oasis output) > Calibre ePUB Merge > Calibre convert to MOBI.
I would suggest installing Kindle Previewer and then copying the kindlegen.exe file from C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Amazon\Kindle Previewer 3\lib\fc\bin\kindlegen.exe to the directory where KCC was installed.

You can then generate the .mobi file (strictly, a dual mobi with both a mobi and KF8 version embedded) directly from Kindle Comic Creator without needing to do a calibre conversion.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 04:47 AM   #1340
snk4ever
snk4ever began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo h2o
I've seen a fork with support of mozjpeg as an optional jpeg library. However this version is locked by my company's antivirus software.

Is it planned to add support for mozjpeg in the main branch and releases ?
snk4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2022, 04:16 PM   #1341
replicant
replicant began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
panel view

hi guys!

i was wondering if there's any way to use panel view (2 specifically) with the custom width and height. i tried to run from source but i couldnt make it work lol...

thanks
replicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 02:37 AM   #1342
wildhoney66
Zealot
wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10
i've just got a question i have an Amazon Fire HD10 Plus but even on my Kindle 6 from (2015) i bought my new tablet last summer my comics are now in black and white and the cover is in color. anyone know why? it didn't used to be that way
wildhoney66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 11:10 PM   #1343
Homer55
Enthusiast
Homer55 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi, hope someone helps me, how do I install this on linux?, I installed the dependecies, then I installed KCC using pip, but when launching kcc-c2e the following error is shown
Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/keepach/.local/bin/kcc-c2e", line 33, in <module>
sys.exit(load_entry_point('KindleComicConverter==5 .5.2', 'console_scripts', 'kcc-c2e')())
File "/home/keepach/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/kindlecomicconverter/startup.py", line 46, in startC2E
dependencyCheck(2)
File "/home/keepach/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/kindlecomicconverter/shared.py", line 121, in dependencyCheck
if StrictVersion('1.2.1') > StrictVersion(slugifyVersion):
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/setuptools/_distutils/version.py", line 60, in __init__
self.parse(vstring)
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/setuptools/_distutils/version.py", line 155, in parse
match = self.version_re.match(vstring)
TypeError: expected string or bytes-like object
does anybody has an idea?
Homer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 11:31 PM   #1344
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer55 View Post
Hi, hope someone helps me, how do I install this on linux?, I installed the dependecies, then I installed KCC using pip, but when launching kcc-c2e the following error is shown
does anybody has an idea?
It looks much like a Python version mismatch. I.e., running a Python 2 program under Python 3.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:19 AM   #1345
Homer55
Enthusiast
Homer55 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
It looks much like a Python version mismatch. I.e., running a Python 2 program under Python 3.
I could finally make it work but now this happens,

Quote:
comic2ebook v5.5.3-beta-darodi.5 - Written by Ciro Mattia Gonano and Pawel Jastrzebski.
File "/home/keepach/kcc/kindlecomicconverter/comic2ebook.py", line 1065, in checkPre
with TemporaryFile(prefix='KCC-', dir=src):
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/tempfile.py", line 629, in TemporaryFile
(fd, name) = _mkstemp_inner(dir, prefix, suffix, flags, output_type)
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/tempfile.py", line 256, in _mkstemp_inner
fd = _os.open(file, flags, 0o600)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'Zom 100 - Bucket List of the Dead v01 (2021) (Digital) (1r0n) (f2).cbz/home/keepach/Documentos/KCC-64umxsqn'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/home/keepach/./kcc/kcc-c2e.py", line 32, in <module>
startC2E()
File "/home/keepach/kcc/kindlecomicconverter/startup.py", line 49, in startC2E
sys.exit(main(sys.argv[1:]))
File "/home/keepach/kcc/kindlecomicconverter/comic2ebook.py", line 74, in main
makeBook(source)
File "/home/keepach/kcc/kindlecomicconverter/comic2ebook.py", line 1078, in makeBook
checkPre(source)
File "/home/keepach/kcc/kindlecomicconverter/comic2ebook.py", line 1068, in checkPre
raise UserWarning("Target directory is not writable.")
UserWarning: Target directory is not writable.
any ideas?
Homer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 10:31 PM   #1346
wildhoney66
Zealot
wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

anyone know about why if i download some comics as i downloaded some comics and it wasn't from the kindle store or whatever the hell it is called? but the cover is in color but the inside is in black and white anyone know how to change that?
Old 07-07-2022, 05:06 AM   #1347
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhoney66 View Post
anyone know about why if i download some comics as i downloaded some comics and it wasn't from the kindle store or whatever the hell it is called? but the cover is in color but the inside is in black and white anyone know how to change that?
Did you convert the comics you downloaded using KCC then the pages turned black and white?

If so, there is a checkbox in the KCC settings called 'Color Mode'. Make sure you have that checked.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 12:55 AM   #1348
wildhoney66
Zealot

i dunno i just put them on calibre and put them on from there and that's how it showed up
Old 07-08-2022, 01:00 AM   #1349
wildhoney66
Zealot

there's a website for comics where i got my comics it's not KCC it's called get comics info that i've used for years and to open those i normally use RAR. i dunno what KCC is i've never heard of it before i googled it and it i tried to install something someone posted on reddit and i gave up on it cause my PC won't take it anyways my eyes are getting cross eyed trying to five this thing out

Last edited by wildhoney66; 07-08-2022 at 01:36 AM.
Old 07-08-2022, 01:52 AM   #1350
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Quote:
i dunno i just put them on calibre and put them on from there and that's how it showed up
Quote:
there's a website for comics where i got my comics it's not KCC it's called get comics info that i've used for years and to open those i normally use RAR. i dunno what KCC is i've never heard of it before i googled it and it i tried to install something someone posted on reddit and i gave up on it cause my PC won't take it anyways my eyes are getting cross eyed trying to five this thing out
This thread is for Kindle Comic Converter (KCC) specifically and has nothing to do with Calibre. So I just assumed you used KCC to convert your comics.

Anyways, did you open the original file you downloaded to see if they're black and white?

What format are the comics you download?
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools