Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #16
Peter Ahlstrom
Connoisseur
Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The (at least) desktop version of ADE will not display PNGs correctly that have a bit depth less than 8. They instead look very strange, like a linescreen has been applied to them.
Peter Ahlstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:49 PM   #17
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Table Cells with images

After changing the border styles in your test-0, I am convinced you have found a bug in the ADE engine. Note that in the attached picture the solid lines look slightly dotted - this is due to dithering to try to make the line look blue. When I changed the colour to #000000 (test-3) it looks exactly right - the lines, not where they are.

In the pictures you can see that the first data cell border (dashed) extends beyond the table border, and the second cell borders (dotted) start within the table and extend beyond the table and beyond the first cell border.

To me, that's a bug, not a feature.

It gets really weird if you remove the "width=100%" from the image spec, by the way --- another bug, I think. I think the size of the image is controlling the size of the its cell, leaving little left for the other cell.

Basically, there is an interaction in the handling of tables and images, which is handled poorly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB140211.JPG
Views:	1086
Size:	1,019.2 KB
ID:	78988   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB140210.JPG
Views:	1097
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	78989  
Attached Files
File Type: epub Test-0.epub (47.1 KB, 1096 views)
File Type: epub Test-3.epub (46.6 KB, 1098 views)
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #18
Pappersvingar
Pappersvingar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I am so glad I found this sticky. I have been tearing my hair out trying to find out why epubs that look perfect in Calibre and Sigil show up without any formatting at all on my PRS-T1. Thanks to the validator I found a stray } in my stylesheet.

Question: does anyone know of any issues with using font-size for the headings in the CSS? I've had an issue with the headings not showing up at all on my Reader that was resolved by removing the font-sizes I'd defined. The headings worked just fine on my computer.
Pappersvingar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #19
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappersvingar View Post
Question: does anyone know of any issues with using font-size for the headings in the CSS? I've had an issue with the headings not showing up at all on my Reader that was resolved by removing the font-sizes I'd defined. The headings worked just fine on my computer.
You can try using a percentage as your font measurement i.e font size=50%
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I am so glad I found this sticky. I have been tearing my hair out trying to find out why epubs that look perfect in Calibre and Sigil show up without any formatting at all on my PRS-T1. Thanks to the validator I found a stray } in my stylesheet.
That's not a bug in ADE. That just means you have to have your stylesheet error free.

Question: does anyone know of any issues with using font-size for the headings in the CSS? I've had an issue with the headings not showing up at all on my Reader that was resolved by removing the font-sizes I'd defined. The headings worked just fine on my computer.[/QUOTE]

Can you post your code? From the description, I don't see any issue.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #21
Pappersvingar
Pappersvingar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjust View Post
You can try using a percentage as your font measurement i.e font size=50%
I'll try that the next time I code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's not a bug in ADE. That just means you have to have your stylesheet error free.
I am aware of that now, and although that is not a bug in ADE, it was thanks to reading the first post in this sticky that I found out that one error in the CSS will make ADE ignore the whole stylesheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you post your code? From the description, I don't see any issue.
This is the first part of the stylesheet before I removed all font-sizes:

body {margin-left:2%;
margin-right:2%;
margin-top:2%;
margin-bottom:2%;}

p {text-indent: .3in;
margin-top:0;
margin-bottom:0;
font-size:1em;
text-align: justify;
font-family:"Times New Roman", Times, serif;}

h1 {text-align:center;
font-size:2.5em;

h2 {text-align:center;
font-size:1.75em;

This did not make ADE ignore the CSS, everything looked the way it was supposed to, except for the headings. The headings simply disappeared when the epub was viewed on my Reader.

When I removed the font-size definitions, everything worked like it should.

Last edited by Pappersvingar; 01-05-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Pappersvingar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #22
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I suspect that ADE cannot interpret what you want. What is 2.5 times bigger than itself? 2.5em makes no sense since you are asking it to make itself 2.5 bigger but then that would be an em. I suspect font-size units need to be something other than font-size.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
This is the first part of the stylesheet before I removed all font-sizes:
The code looks OK. Can you post an ePub with this code in it and I'll take a look.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:11 AM   #24
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I suspect that ADE cannot interpret what you want. What is 2.5 times bigger than itself? 2.5em makes no sense since you are asking it to make itself 2.5 bigger but then that would be an em. I suspect font-size units need to be something other than font-size.
This is actually fine. I use it for quite some time. 1em will be interpreted as 100%, so 2.5em is equal to 250%.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #25
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
drive ADE (DT and Reader) Catatonic

I was having fun styling chapter headings.
The results looked great in Sigil (validated in FC also) and Calibre.
When I tried on my PEz (ADE) all stop. Tried on my PC ADE, All stop

Note: if you view this file in ADE be prepared to Kill the process
Attached Files
File Type: epub Catatonic_ADE.epub (2.3 KB, 944 views)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #26
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Tried on my PC ADE, All stop

Note: if you view this file in ADE be prepared to Kill the process
I got to view it on ADE v1.7.2.1131 on a WinXP pc, but not correctly; the first letter styles were ignored. ADE did indicate in the item info that minor difficulties prevented the proper display of the .epub.

It did (beautifully ) render in Sigil, ePubFixer (preview option), EPUBReader for firefox, calibre's viewer, (and probably on the kitchen sink as well!!! ). But yes, not on ADE.... (but no crash for me)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #27
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I got to view it on ADE v1.7.2.1131 on a WinXP pc, but not correctly; the first letter styles were ignored. ADE did indicate in the item info that minor difficulties prevented the proper display of the .epub.

It did (beautifully ) render in Sigil, ePubFixer (preview option), EPUBReader for firefox, calibre's viewer, (and probably on the kitchen sink as well!!! ). But yes, not on ADE.... (but no crash for me)
This time it did not lock up. and yes, the styling was ignored.
(same version as you)

I was having fun and it turned out to be simple to make it similar to those old woodcut initial letters in my old DT books.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:59 AM   #28
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
You have "style001.css" in the XHTML, but the file is "Style001.css", note the capital S.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #29
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Jellby, that fixed it! Now it DOES crash in ADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't even display in ADE now....
Attached Files
File Type: epub Catatonic_ADE_fixed_NOT.epub (2.3 KB, 928 views)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #30
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
You have "style001.css" in the XHTML, but the file is "Style001.css", note the capital S.
Good catch
I made up a sample (from my original work) and muffed it

This time I did get ADE to crash, not just lock-up