Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-22-2018, 10:33 PM   #1
lucsampaio
lucsampaio began at the beginning.

Device: N96ML Carta +
Angry N96ML Carta+ Stylus calibration #fail

Hi,

got myself a brand new N96ML Carta+ (Amazon.com purchase to Onyx Inter'l) to go along with me into a PhD on visual artas and, alas, somehow it seems that the calibration tool actually discalibrates the whole thing beyond recovery. I was hoping that calibrating the stylus would better the precision of the screen to my handwriting angles, but now it seemes the stylus doesn't touch the screen anywhere.

I found in another thread about someone doing a hard reset to get rescued from the same issue (and I did try the factory reset, but calibration is still off), as well as someone that actually managed to somehow recalibrate the screen after a while (I've been trying for the better part of 3h already)...

Finally, I also found out a thread with the N96ML Carta+ system backup to be flashed, but did not go that way until I hear from some more knowledgeable people that I can do that ithout breaking the device beyond recovery (as if this haven't happened yet, for all intents and purposes, for a device that only responds to the stylus).

Also, if there's no way to recalibrate, I do accept tips on how to get technical assistance in Brazil for the device.

Thanks
lucsampaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:47 PM   #2
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucsampaio View Post
Hi,

got myself a brand new N96ML Carta+ (Amazon.com purchase to Onyx Inter'l) to go along with me into a PhD on visual artas and, alas, somehow it seems that the calibration tool actually discalibrates the whole thing beyond recovery. I was hoping that calibrating the stylus would better the precision of the screen to my handwriting angles, but now it seemes the stylus doesn't touch the screen anywhere.

I found in another thread about someone doing a hard reset to get rescued from the same issue (and I did try the factory reset, but calibration is still off), as well as someone that actually managed to somehow recalibrate the screen after a while (I've been trying for the better part of 3h already)...

Finally, I also found out a thread with the N96ML Carta+ system backup to be flashed, but did not go that way until I hear from some more knowledgeable people that I can do that ithout breaking the device beyond recovery (as if this haven't happened yet, for all intents and purposes, for a device that only responds to the stylus).

Also, if there's no way to recalibrate, I do accept tips on how to get technical assistance in Brazil for the device.

Thanks
Hey, im a bit late, did you manage to fix it by flashing?

i ran into the same problem, and managed to fix it by pressing the physical menu button and touching with the pen all over the screen until it hit settings, then network, then calbirate...I missed the reset button, but a further calbiration fixed it.

Booxtor advised to factory reset the device but this didn't help me, and it made things worse as I ended up changing the language to chinese.

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 04-09-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:18 AM   #3
Crisol
Crisol began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx N96ML Carta+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
Hey, im a bit late, did you manage to fix it by flashing?

i ran into the same problem, and managed to fix it by pressing the physical menu button and touching with the pen all over the screen until it hit settings, then network, then calbirate...I missed the reset button, but a further calbiration fixed it.

Booxtor advised to factory reset the device but this didn't help me, and it made things worse as I ended up changing the language to chinese.
Used the calibration tool and now everything is going smoothly.

Thanks
Crisol is offline   Reply With Quote