Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-01-2018, 02:04 PM   #1
kwestrolp
kwestrolp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8
Installation and syncing of existing books

I have just purchased and installed Calibre/Calibre Companion but I am struggling to make it work. These are the steps I have taken so far.

- I have the Calibre Companion app on my Kindle Fire HD 8 and the software on my Apple Mac laptop. I have also download the Kindle for Mac app v1.17 (as advised on this forum)

- I have an existing library of approx. 100 Kindle books and have used the add book function to add them into the calibre library on the laptop. Using the ISBN I have manually added all the books but all I have is the front covers and metadata file for each book so only the books titles come though to the Kindle in the Calibre Companion app. I think I am needing the epub files (is this a .azw file on a Kindle?) but cannot locate these on my laptop. Where do I get those? The books are all listed in the Kindle for Mac app library on my laptop but if I copy and paste anything out of the library, I am only getting a .textclipping file whatever that is.

- I can only seem to sync with the Content Server. I have tried syncing with the Kindle but this does not work. I have input the correct IP address and port as shown in the Connect/Share function.

I have looked at various threads on this Forum but cannot see anything that covers the particular problem/s that I am having. I am not sure what my steps are now so can anyone help?

Thanks
kwestrolp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If you have the Kindle app on you PC (MASC): My Kindle content is where it store its downloaded Library. AZW3 and Mobi both are valid
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:22 PM   #3
kwestrolp
kwestrolp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8
Thank you for your reply. I have checked the preferences in the Kindle for Mac app and that has given me a location for My Kindle Content but the route is not available even when I have used the terminal.app to view all hidden files. If I click the 'change' button in preferences it does show the azw file but i cannot do anything with it but it is in there. Any suggestions?
kwestrolp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:16 AM   #4
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Log in as administrator and give your user read write privileges for My Kindle Content.

bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwestrolp View Post
Thank you for your reply. I have checked the preferences in the Kindle for Mac app and that has given me a location for My Kindle Content but the route is not available even when I have used the terminal.app to view all hidden files. If I click the 'change' button in preferences it does show the azw file but i cannot do anything with it but it is in there. Any suggestions?
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:08 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Did you remove DRM from the Kindle books? Because afaik, the Kindle books with DRM can only be read on the device it was downloaded on. Can't simply copy from Kindle for Mac to the Kindle Fire.

Also, why not just download Kindle books directly on the Fire?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple mac, existing books, kindle fire hd 8, syncing