Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Lordvic
Connoisseur
Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.

Device: Blackberry Playbook
syncing epub's between devices

I'm sure its been covered but my google search is failing me.

I have a lot of open epubs. I use instapaper website and download dozens or more of epubs a day to read on my commute to work (1.5 hour train ride each way).

Well, the worst happened last night. My kobo was out of juice (my fault, its been a week since a charge).

But what i discovered was that kobo is supposed to sync bookmarks and locations between devices if enabled. I have a blackberry and have downloaded the apps.

But when i plug in the kobo to the software, it never recognises the open epubs i use. Only purchased books through kobo software.

is this feature basically useless then to me? does this only work with purchased books or am i missing something? I've never really used the kobo software as it's kind of lacking and use Calibre for all my transferring needs.
Lordvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I believe the sync feature ONLY works on Kobo format books; not true ePubs.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
OneandonlyDoc
Fearless Writer
OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi
There's software by Adobe that you can use to load other epubs onto your Kobo, or use Calibre.

I prefer the Adobe software myself.
OneandonlyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote