Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-09-2011, 05:04 AM   #1
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Question Syncing devices

Is there a way to sync two devices after a book has completed, and is being re-read? Each time I try to sync my kindles I am taken back to the last page in the book rather than my current reading place, forcing me to press the next page button until I get to the page I am at. Kind of annoying not to be able to pick up where I left off. I have tried, restarting both devices, deleting and re-downloading the book on both devices, and going back to the cover and then syncing.
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:00 AM   #2
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
If you are re-reading on the Kindle it should ask you if you want to go to the furthest read page on any device, and then if you select no you will stay where you are.

I don't think there is a way of doing it for other devices though.

Last edited by Tome Keeper; 05-09-2011 at 06:01 AM. Reason: more
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2011, 06:09 AM   #3
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
http://www.40tech.com/2011/01/04/how...on-your-kindle

I found that when I did a google. Not the most elegant solution. I did read a while ago that some people have suggested just to bookmark your current page and the bookmark will sync across your devices.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Thanks Solicitous... I guess I will use bookmarks. The above link didn't work for me =(
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:34 AM   #5
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
If it helps I just had to do it to read a book my wife had read. I logged into amazon and turned off syncing then opened and closed the ebook twice on my iPod then turned syncing back on. Now the link I sent before said the process didn't work from a kindle so I wonder if kindle for pc would work.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert