Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-14-2018, 06:21 AM   #1
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Literata - decrease line spacing?

Literata is a great font and I'm sure many people here are using it with their Kobo devices. However, it has unusually large line spacing. This makes it annoying when switching between fonts, because I have to constantly fiddle with the line spacing slider.

Anyone found a way to change the line spacing to a more standard size?

I tried following this guide and could not make a noticeable difference with different levels of HHead Ascent/Descent Offset.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:50 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
Literata is a great font and I'm sure many people here are using it with their Kobo devices. However, it has unusually large line spacing. This makes it annoying when switching between fonts, because I have to constantly fiddle with the line spacing slider.

Anyone found a way to change the line spacing to a more standard size?

I tried following this guide and could not make a noticeable difference with different levels of HHead Ascent/Descent Offset.
I've noticed Literata's large line spacing. I use Google's own very similar Noto Serif. I like it as much as Literata (the two are very similar) and it doesn't have the line spacing issue. Here's a download link (make sure you scroll down to Noto Serif. If you download all the Noto fonts, you wind up with a gig of fonts): https://www.google.com/get/noto/#serif-lgc
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2018, 03:28 PM   #3
gilster
Connoisseur
gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I've noticed Literata's large line spacing. I use Google's own very similar Noto Serif. I like it as much as Literata (the two are very similar) and it doesn't have the line spacing issue. Here's a download link (make sure you scroll down to Noto Serif. If you download all the Noto fonts, you wind up with a gig of fonts): https://www.google.com/get/noto/#serif-lgc
I appreciate the tip re Noto Serif, which I've just installed. Are there any other fonts you particularly recommend?

Paul
gilster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:03 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilster View Post
I appreciate the tip re Noto Serif, which I've just installed. Are there any other fonts you particularly recommend?

Paul
I've tried several other fonts, but always seem to go back to Noto Serif.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote