Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-20-2018, 03:34 PM   #16
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
I am sorry to revive a dead thread. I am concerned about the same issue. The problem is that neither of the two solutions offered here in posts 2 and 14 work.

I tried the idea in post 2 with fmon and nothing happens.

I tried the idea with html file of post 14 in root of USB, linking an epub file in a hidden folder on /mnt/onboard/.empty and the link in the file is inactive (non-clickable). I am viewing the html file as a standard book on the kobo itself. (Not through the browser; this does not run with wifi off.)
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:46 PM   #17
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Have a look at post #6. KSM provides a script to simulate an usb connection that is triggered by a png. Since the script can do harm when used carelessly, I did remove the concerning png (simulate_usb_connection.png) from KSM 09, but see this post.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote