Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-31-2009, 06:43 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thanks!

I got all the ones that interest me, except for that alarmingly obscene Romance book - Ackkk! Romance! Who needs Romance when one is married!!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:57 AM   #17
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaEbooks View Post
The page is for USA. I wonder if Amazon provide any free ebook for international kindle users? They even charge $2+ for public domain ebooks, say, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington, which you can get it free through Gutenberg, Feedbooks, Manybooks...
That has nothing to do with Amazon. It means that whoever formatted and uploaded the book (individual person or publisher) is charging a price for it. I'd recommend getting your PD books from a non-Amazon site as they tend to be formatted better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Who needs Romance when one is married!!
When one is expecting a baby?
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2009, 09:56 AM   #18
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaEbooks View Post
The page is for USA. I wonder if Amazon provide any free ebook for international kindle users? They even charge $2+ for public domain ebooks, say, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington, which you can get it free through Gutenberg, Feedbooks, Manybooks...
What can I say. We all know that the USA is the Land of the Free!

Those that move to Disneyland or Denver should be sure to use giftcards or a US credit card and may want to use a US proxy server so the IP address checking doesn't see you at one foreign location for too long a period.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:11 AM   #19
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I got all the ones that interest me, except for that alarmingly obscene Romance book - Ackkk! Romance! Who needs Romance when one is married!!
Those that want to say that way?t:

Or maybe only those that don't want to be miserable when in that state?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:39 AM   #20
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur
MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks for all of your comments, no matter you like it or not, thanks for your time.

For those who found it useful, thanks for your kind and encouraging comments, which give me strength to build a better web site.
I have just setup another sony free ebooks monitor page you can find it here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60986
MetaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2009, 08:43 AM   #21
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Thanks, I've added your page to my bookmarks. However, you definitely will need to update today. Amazon lowered the price on 10/30 on a group of books, but as of 11/1 they are no longer free.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #22
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur
MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Thanks, I've added your page to my bookmarks. However, you definitely will need to update today. Amazon lowered the price on 10/30 on a group of books, but as of 11/1 they are no longer free.
Thanks for your information. It's updated.

Yup, some books like "Spinning Forward" by Terri Dulong, "Mania" by Craig Larsen, "The Mane Squeeze" by Shelly Laurenston .... are no longer free.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:08 PM   #23
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur

I have just added a deal submission function on the page.
I would really appreciate your help if anybody could submit your new deal to us.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:25 AM   #24
Xia
Zealot
Xia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 (x2)
Hello, MetaEbooks,
When you first posted and started this thread a few days ago I found your site interesting. I've since been monitoring it extensively and have noticed that:

You must be updating your amazon freebie list MANUALLY - because you are usually 12 to 24 hours behind the common knowledge; books only show up on your site many, MANY hours AFTER they've been posted here or elsewhere (meaning: HERE @ mobileread -or- on other well known Kindle freebie lookout sites).

Ditto your Sony page

Your site would be uber-super-duper-kewl IF it ran a programme that listed all the Kindle/Sony freebies automatically, without human intervention, and refreshed/updated every hour.

THEN you would have a superior product.

Until then, I am quite happy (& pleased) to swap info about freebies & deals with my fellow MobileReads friends right here on this site, MobileRead.com.

~Xia~
Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:35 AM   #25
Xia
Zealot
Xia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 (x2)
I neglected to mention that we already have the very best reporter of Kindle freebies and deals right here (I'm talking about you C.!).

ROCK ON!
Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:28 AM   #26
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur

Hi Xia,

Thanks for your suggestion.
New posted kindle deals should be automatically updated within one hour.