Notices

Old 05-17-2017, 03:52 AM   #61
M_Faust
Zealot
M_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 912, Onyx Boox Max, Max 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Whatever you choose it will always be applied to that application no matter what launcher you are using. You seems to be unhappy with the defaults applied by your e-reader.

It has nothing to do with a launcher application. It is specific Onyx extension.
This is not problem for me. For me this is feature. But on my device this depend of launcher application (just tested).
Thanks for you job and answers.
M_Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:44 PM   #62
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Faust View Post
This is not problem for me. For me this is feature. But on my device this depend of launcher application (just tested).
Thanks for you job and answers.
Right, I have done some more tests. It is easily observed by the volume/pgUp+Down keys function. The settings exposed by the Onyx launcher work consistently only under Onyx launcher. It means it is necessary to implement it in any 3rd party launcher using Onyx SDK or other hooks. I may try it one day.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2017, 07:44 AM   #63
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

ReLaunchX 1.3.0 - Lock Screen

I have fixed the privacy problem on Onyx Boox Max - no device lock capability. If you like me have private documents on your reader but you like to take the device to your work office, you will like the new feature.

In the app settings set your password, max 15 digits:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-Settings.png
Views:	662
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	156975

If your device locks the screen by timeout, or you lock it by pressing the power button, or you go to ReLaunchX -> Advanced -> "Lock", or you power on your device, the lock screen will appear:
Click image for larger version

Name:	2-lockScreen.png
Views:	470
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	156976

Note: To protect your device with password after power-on set ReLaunchX as default launcher. This is highly recommended, otherwise anyone can hold the power button to shut down the device and start it again in Onyx launcher without password protection.

For rooted Nook ST I decided to keep the existing implementation which invoke native device lock screen so don't set the lock password via ReLaunchX settings.

New apk:
ReLaunchX_1.3.0.zip
Old 05-25-2017, 09:58 AM   #64
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I'll be testing this on a Nook ST soon.

re: the lock, I keep my docs on the SD-card in case the device fails.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:50 PM   #65
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I'll be testing this on a Nook ST soon.

re: the lock, I keep my docs on the SD-card in case the device fails.
I know what you mean. The lock screen is good enough for curious eyes - you know, if leave your device and someone just grab it to play with it.

To really protect your sensitive documents they need to be stored encrypted but this is not trivial if it's not supported by the firmware. Other apps can open only plain files so they need to be decrypted before opening...
Advert
Old 05-29-2017, 05:30 PM   #66
DivCaste
DivCaste began at the beginning.

Device: Glowlight Plus
Glowlight Plus

I just installed this launcher on a glowlight plus and, after telling it to ignore the warning menu, it seems to be working properly. Thanks for the great work! I do have one quick question... Is there any way to display the book covers in the file list, or is straight text the only option? Thanks again!
DivCaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:54 PM   #67
medwatt
Zealot
medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle 3 (dead); Nook ST (dead); Sony PRS-T1; Onyx i86+
I have an Onyx i86 and I'd like to try out this launcher. How do I go about installing the zip file. I know how to do it on my android smartphone through TWRP, but I don't have any custom recovery on the i86.
medwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:41 AM   #68
M_Faust
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwatt View Post
How do I go about installing the zip file.
Unpack zip and install apk.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:04 AM   #69
M_Faust
Zealot

Button "Power Off" and "Reboot" don't work (device is rooted). Android 4.0.4.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:18 PM   #70
medwatt
Zealot
medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle 3 (dead); Nook ST (dead); Sony PRS-T1; Onyx i86+
Quote:
Unpack zip and install apk.
There's no apk inside the zip. I checked that before asking the question.
medwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:02 PM   #71
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Plusz, I have installed the latest version on a nook st. A couple of questions

1) how does one bring up the sorting options for files. You show it in the third image in this link:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=14

2) The 5 buttons (Mem free, flag, app list, star, wifi/battery) normally at the bottom do not display. I do not know why. It appears in your images on page 1. Any ideas?
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 01:46 AM   #72
M_Faust
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Plusz, I have installed the latest version on a nook st. A couple of questions

1) how does one bring up the sorting options for files. You show it in the third image in this link:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=14

2) The 5 buttons (Mem free, flag, app list, star, wifi/battery) normally at the bottom do not display. I do not know why. It appears in your images on page 1. Any ideas?
1) Link: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=51
2) May be app run in File manager mode. Try it run in launcher mode.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:48 AM   #73
M_Faust
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwatt View Post
There's no apk inside the zip. I checked that before asking the question.
What version you downloaded?
Old 05-31-2017, 05:14 AM   #74
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivCaste View Post
I just installed this launcher on a glowlight plus and, after telling it to ignore the warning menu, it seems to be working properly. Thanks for the great work! I do have one quick question... Is there any way to display the book covers in the file list, or is straight text the only option? Thanks again!
There is no book cover view.

There are 2 modes of displaying the text list:
a) file name
b) library mode - book title.
There is even a setting in the app how would you like to compose the book title string.

Personally, I use only the file name view, though both the view modes are carried over from the source app "ReLaunch" and I guess there are people happy with the library mode. IMHO book cover views gets impractical with large book collection on the device - that's how the default Onyx Boox works.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:22 AM   #75
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Button "Power Off" and "Reboot" don't work (device is rooted). Android 4.0.4.
I never tested it.

The reboot button does:
Quote:
/system/bin/sh -
su reboot
The power off button does:
Quote:
/system/bin/sh -
su reboot -p
Could you try the commands via some terminal app, or even through adb shell?
What device did you test on?