Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-15-2017, 10:31 AM   #41266
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I'm feeling very efficient today. I've finally finished the Christmas cards and handed them over to my mother to write our names in them and address the envelopes. I've also made a list of which colour papers and the number of sheets I will need to get tomorrow. I'm going to make a Christmas house for the shop window. It's a huge project, the biggest paper project I've done. On Sunday I'm going to do the cutting (or rather: let my plotter do it) and on Monday I will assemble the thing.
My hair is chestnut brown but it looks ashy at my age. I want to dye it a medium brown with gold highlights. I've been a redhead, blonde twice and very dark brown. I prefer a lighter brown now I have some grey coming in.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:09 PM   #41267
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm looking at the website of the Wielisczka Saltmines near Krakow. I just finished read the latest Sigma Force book, by James Rollins, and one group of characters visits the saltmines. My sister and I visited the mines when we were in Krakow two years ago.

I bought some salt based cranberry shower gel and bath salts, which smelled wonderful. I still have some bath salts left over. They do have a webshop and they do ship internationally, but although the products are cheap the international shipping isn't. Though I am now tempted to place an order.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:23 PM   #41268
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Enjoying the end of the anniversary of our first date.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:21 AM   #41269
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cutting out all the paper I need for putting together a Christmas house. My plotter is now working on the fifth file, of thirty three. It's boring: put paper on the cutting mat, load the cutting mat, load file, check if it's correct, send to potter, wait while it cuts, carefully remove the paper and then remove the throw away bit and repeat. After eleven files I'm going to give myself a break. Tomorrow I'm going to glue it all together.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:50 AM   #41270
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Enjoying the end of the anniversary of our first date.
Nice. Doing anything special?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:44 AM   #41271
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Nice. Doing anything special?
We went to two Goodwills and a steakhouse.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:59 AM   #41272
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
We went to two Goodwills and a steakhouse.
Sounds good. Especially the steakhouse
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:00 PM   #41273
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Sounds good. Especially the steakhouse
Only problem with the steakhouse. I ate way too much.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:46 AM   #41274
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

It took about 4 hours of cutting yesterday and about 6 hours of putting it together but the Christmas house is done! I'm going put it in the shop window tomorrow.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:12 PM   #41275
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
It took about 4 hours of cutting yesterday and about 6 hours of putting it together but the Christmas house is done! I'm going put it in the shop window tomorrow.
Would you mind posting a pic or two. I'd love to see it
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #41276
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Would you mind posting a pic or two. I'd love to see it
I tried to take one, but it was too dark. I will take a couple tomorrow.

Although I underestimated the time it would to make it I did enjoy doing it. Plus, it's nice to use it in the store that's a good excuse to do it more often.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:03 PM   #41277
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I tried to take one, but it was too dark. I will take a couple tomorrow.

Although I underestimated the time it would to make it I did enjoy doing it. Plus, it's nice to use it in the store that's a good excuse to do it more often.
Thanks, I appreciate it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:08 PM   #41278
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

As promised:

Click image for larger version

Name:	house.png
Views:	114
Size:	547.7 KB
ID:	160804

We still want to add a LED light on the inside, I don't expect that'll happen this year but if it does I'll take another picture. The white on the roofs is actually glitter paper to indicate snow.

The website I bought this cut file from also had a really nice street lantern, which looks a lot like the ones in the city center of Utrecht. That one I'm also going to make, plus for summer they had a cut file for a lighthouse.

Last edited by issybird; 12-20-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:44 PM   #41279
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Wow!! Is this heavier than normal printer paper? Like, cardstock or at least construction paper weight?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:52 PM   #41280
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Needing to get off my butt and shower.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?