Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 02:27 AM   #1
cory02
cory02 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
New Kindle owners

I'm curious about how many people are new to eReaders in general or Kindle converts because of the debut of the Kindle 2 (like me.. the Kindle 2 that will be arriving on Tuesday will be my first eReader).

The K2 won me over mainly because of the convenience of buying books over Whispernet and the savings on newer books. I read about 2 books a week so being able to save a couple bucks a book (not to mention the space I'll save by buying eBooks) is pretty significant long-term.
cory02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:40 AM   #2
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
I got the k2 for cheaper books and saving space because I tend to move way too much
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
Toadmanor
Toadmanor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I travel continuously and got it for convenience. All my books, newspapers etc with me. this replaces my original Kindle.
Toadmanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
ray d
ray d began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm looking into purchasing an eReader for my wife to assist her with getting more reading done (she has a vision imparment that requires large print). From what I've been reading I'm considering getting one myself as well.
ray d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
zorgon
zorgon began at the beginning.

Device: none
I've been reading ebooks for years and years, but on my desktop or laptop. The Kindle 2 will be my first dedicated ebook reader.
zorgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #6
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory02 View Post
I'm curious about how many people are new to eReaders in general or Kindle converts because of the debut of the Kindle 2 (like me.. the Kindle 2 that will be arriving on Tuesday will be my first eReader).

The K2 won me over mainly because of the convenience of buying books over Whispernet and the savings on newer books. I read about 2 books a week so being able to save a couple bucks a book (not to mention the space I'll save by buying eBooks) is pretty significant long-term.
I saw someone reading a Kindle on the subway. I'd never considered any type of ebook reader before, but this "kindled" my interest () and when I got to the office, I started reading everything I could find about it.

The price really put me off, though, so I started looking for other types of ereaders. That led me here, where I saw lots of positive comments about the eBookwise. Since the price was right, I bought one and immediately fell in love.

Plus I was able to get rid of a ton of paperbacks from my personal library (donating them to the public library, of course! ), which made my husband happy since it freed up quite a bit of space in our Tuff Shed!

And um, I just bought a used Kindle 1.0! So I'm a happy camper, though my VISA bill is gonna be interesting next month.
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:09 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Has everyone participated in this poll?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40001
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote