Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
lisajjb
Enthusiast
lisajjb began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre, Nook Color, Samsung Galaxy 10"
Multiple ereader devices

As I've been browsing the forums I have noticed that many of you own more than one ereader. I understand reading on a phone and I understand the iPad, but for those of you who own Kindles, a Sony and various assorted other devices... why? Do you use them at the same time or is it a progression of newer and better devices? Just curious.

(Or maybe I need to build the argument for my husband of why I would possibly need a second ereader? )
lisajjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
You might want to check out this thread
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2010, 12:17 AM   #3
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
It's sometimes related to a disease, Lisajjb. Some think hereditary ... there's no true consensus. And it hits males moreso than females, apparently. We like to hoarde, And get new things. And play around with them. Not necessarily to be the first on the block - well maybe so - but just to know how the new stuff works.

I cannot explain it any better than that - because I am a victim of this dreaded disease, and if I were to analyze it further, I'd depress myself.

I mean, I am enjoying the heck out of my eReader just purchased a couple months ago. My wife enjoys hers, too. Yet after watching Amazon's Jeff Bezos intro the new Kindles last week, I pre-ordered one of them.

SO ... I advise folks to do a little research ahead of time. But when you find out a device that suits you, just go for it and start reading!
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote