Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-17-2017, 01:40 PM   #91
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Is that company a serious one? I wonder, because they still have the device in pre-order.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 06:22 PM   #92
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Is that company a serious one? I wonder, because they still have the device in pre-order.
As serious as any, they've been seller e-readers for quite a few years. I've read about 13 books on my device since receiving it. They didn't meet their goal of devices ordered via their Indigogo campaign so I can see why they are doing batch orders.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2017, 04:41 PM   #93
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
As serious as any, they've been seller e-readers for quite a few years. I've read about 13 books on my device since receiving it. They didn't meet their goal of devices ordered via their Indigogo campaign so I can see why they are doing batch orders.
So, you can buy it, but you don't know when you will receive it...great!
Old 12-20-2017, 11:21 AM   #94
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So, you can buy it, but you don't know when you will receive it...great!
Per their previous notice (which indicated it would be available after Dec 17) this reader is in stock now. Every other company does the same when they are out of stock. Why does this confuse you?
Old 12-21-2017, 10:09 AM   #95
viceant
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Per their previous notice (which indicated it would be available after Dec 17) this reader is in stock now. Every other company does the same when they are out of stock. Why does this confuse you?
Thanks. On Icarus web they didn't announce when it would be avaliable.
Advert
Old 12-22-2017, 11:27 AM   #96
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
Surprised to hear that they did not meet their "Indie" goal as the $179.00 price point was a bargain for this unit. I am more than pleased with mine but a little disappointed that there has not been an update to the firmware to correct some of the minor issues I have encountered sporadically and/or mentioned in this forum.
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 01:18 PM   #97
viceant
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by p38lightning View Post
Surprised to hear that they did not meet their "Indie" goal as the $179.00 price point was a bargain for this unit. I am more than pleased with mine but a little disappointed that there has not been an update to the firmware to correct some of the minor issues I have encountered sporadically and/or mentioned in this forum.
Interesting, and Boyue? Did they improve their device since its launch?
Old 12-22-2017, 11:04 PM   #98
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:
Interesting, and Boyue? Did they improve their device since its launch?
It's had two firmware updates. The last one was from November 11th
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:07 AM   #99
viceant
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
It's had two firmware updates. The last one was from November 11th
Muchas grasias, señorito! (thanks a lot, little sir - speaking in silver )
Old 12-24-2017, 11:30 AM   #100
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
Here is what my Settings/System Update currently reads:

Current Version
Icarus-Ereader_V1.0.0-2017092621

Model
Icarus-E785BK

I rarely have the wifi on as I side load all of my titles. However, at least once a month since receiving the unit in early October (among the first batch sent out) I would turn on the wifi and click on "Update via Wi-Fi" and always get the same "No Update Found" message. My version is clearly dated September 26, 2017 which would correspond to the last update available before the first units went out the door.

Any ideas as to why no update on my end regarding the two updates mentioned above or are they Boyue specific version only???

PS: Windows 10 recognizes the Icarus as a Boyue first then Icarus second when disconnecting it via USB from the computer after I have downloaded books from Calibre!

Thanks.

UPDATE 12/28/2017: Contacted Icarus directly regarding inability to get any updates via the unit's wifi or finding a firmware download on their web site. They got back to me within 72 hours explaining that updates for this unit where not available via their server (no explanation) and that they were sending me a link from which I could download their update. I received the link, connected and d/l the zip file, and figured out how to load and open it on my unit (their directions were insufficient and slightly faulty). Installation went well.

I now have "Icarus_Ereader_V1.1.0-2017112317 which seems to correspond to the latest Boyue mentioned above.

I thanked Icarus in my reply but also asked if I would have to continue periodically contacting them regarding further updates. Waiting on that response.

BTW, there was no forthcoming information as to what the firmware update corrected!

Last edited by p38lightning; 12-28-2017 at 04:00 PM. Reason: additional info
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:48 AM   #101
Oscarrr
Oscarrr began at the beginning.

Device: BOYUE Likebook Plus, Boyue T62D
Please share the link.
Thanks in advance!
Oscarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:36 PM   #102
viceant
Addict

Quote:
UPDATE 12/28/2017: Contacted Icarus directly regarding inability to get any updates via the unit's wifi or finding a firmware download on their web site. They got back to me within 72 hours explaining that updates for this unit where not available via their server (no explanation) and that they were sending me a link from which I could download their update. I received the link, connected and d/l the zip file, and figured out how to load and open it on my unit (their directions were insufficient and slightly faulty). Installation went well.

I now have "Icarus_Ereader_V1.1.0-2017112317 which seems to correspond to the latest Boyue mentioned above.

I thanked Icarus in my reply but also asked if I would have to continue periodically contacting them regarding further updates. Waiting on that response.

BTW, there was no forthcoming information as to what the firmware update corrected!
What a crap! I maybe had bought it on their website, but now I'm pro-chinese sellers.

Last edited by viceant; 12-29-2017 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:39 PM   #103
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:

When you get a chance it would be neighborly of you to share the link to the firmware update.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:26 PM   #104
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:

That one will correspond with the Boyue V.1.0.1 2017111118 then.
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:27 AM   #105
Beltonmike
Enthusiast
Beltonmike began at the beginning.

Device: Illumina XL HD
Is anyone else having problems with loading books from Calibre via usb to Illumina XL HD? I had to fiddle with the settings in Calibre to get it to work but the book covers don't show on device. I have also tried copying a folder with book and cover, and downloading from calibre compagnon but neither shows the cover
moved to new thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...91#post3635591

Last edited by Beltonmike; 01-04-2018 at 04:34 AM.
Beltonmike is offline   Reply With Quote