Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-12-2016, 03:51 PM   #1
Folkhere
Folkhere began at the beginning.

Device: none
Library as shared folder (OneDrive)

I have the following scenario:

Calibre installed on my PC, Library in my OneDrive folder, synced with my OneDrive cloud.

4 Calibre Companion installations on different Tablets (my parents, my wife and I)

I shared my library folder with the OneDrives of the other three persons, but it seems that CC can't see shared folders in OneDrive.

Is there any possibility to change this?

Thanks in advance

Folkhere
Folkhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:01 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folkhere View Post
I have the following scenario:

Calibre installed on my PC, Library in my OneDrive folder, synced with my OneDrive cloud.

4 Calibre Companion installations on different Tablets (my parents, my wife and I)

I shared my library folder with the OneDrives of the other three persons, but it seems that CC can't see shared folders in OneDrive.

Is there any possibility to change this?

Thanks in advance

Folkhere
Does this Microsoft article help? Add and sync shared folders to your OneDrive
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2016, 08:12 PM   #3
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
It happens to me, too. I can't use the shared folder with Can View permission.

Last edited by nqk; 03-13-2016 at 08:16 PM.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:36 AM   #4
Folkhere

Sorry for the late response, I was busy with family affairs over the weekend .

It's not a problem of syncing or accessing the folder on my own OneDrive via CC, that works absolutely flawless (and thank you very much for this great app - just to say it ).

As far as I can see it now, it's a matter of OneDrives storage system. On my OneDrive, the folder shows up under "Files" and "Shared", on my father's it only shows up under "Shared", which seems not to be searched by CC. Better explained now, I hope .

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Folkhere
Old 03-14-2016, 09:54 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
As far as I can see it now, it's a matter of OneDrives storage system. On my OneDrive, the folder shows up under "Files" and "Shared", on my father's it only shows up under "Shared", which seems not to be searched by CC. Better explained now, I hope .
I am changing CC so it knows how to access Onedrive shared folders *as long as the shared folder is added to Ondrive* by the person you shared with. In order for the changes to work, you must follow the instructions in the page pointed at by my first post, repeated here. Note that you must give edit permission before the person can add the shared folder.

Add and sync shared folders to your OneDrive

Once you do that, the shared folders will appear in "Files" as well as "Shared". CC will see them there once you have the new CC release.
Advert
Old 03-14-2016, 11:03 AM   #6
Folkhere

Thank you very much, Chaley, it works! . I changed the permissions, and everything was fine.

Okay, now the families reading fun can start
Old 03-14-2016, 11:04 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thank you very much, Chaley, it works! . I changed the permissions, and everything was fine.

Okay, now the families reading fun can start
Ahhh, it shouldn't work yet. You will need a new version of CC that knows what to do with the shared item in "Files".
Old 03-14-2016, 07:59 PM   #8
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
It now works. 👍
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 03:11 AM   #9
Folkhere

Sorry for being that late with a response.

Yes, you were right, chaley, it worked not flawless, but meanwhile it does!

Thank you very much for your excellent work!

Best wishes

Folkhere