Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-29-2015, 07:25 AM   #1
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I'm going to trade an old Nook Color in toward a Nook Tablet

It's almost May and the promotion (in the US anyway) to trade in an old ereader or tablet toward a Nook Tablet ends with the end of May. My obsolete Nook Color is worth $50 toward the $100. I don't know if I'll also get my 10% member discount.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:17 AM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
It's almost May and the promotion (in the US anyway) to trade in an old ereader or tablet toward a Nook Tablet ends with the end of May. My obsolete Nook Color is worth $50 toward the $100. I don't know if I'll also get my 10% member discount.
Is there a $100 tablet option? I've considered trading in my classic Nook, but the 7" Samsung 4 Nook still isn't worth being $100 out of pocket for me. For $50 I'd do it.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2015, 11:09 AM   #3
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/trad...ook/379004337/

There are, like an iPad 2. You can see at the link to see what's worth what. I was wrong in thinking that it was just through the end of May too. I see it lasts until June 13.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:16 PM   #4
NickyWithNook
Guru

This Nook Samsing tablet is really awesome. I am loving it!
Old 06-08-2015, 08:11 AM   #5
iluvgadgets
Connoisseur
iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle paperwhite
I traded in an old kindle and got the Samsung nook . So far it's fine. I just downloaded s book through overdrive and it worked perfectly. I just wish the speakers were not on the bottom of the device. It made sound muffled in certain positions. Otherwise great little device, battery isn't too bad so far.
iluvgadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2015, 07:46 PM   #6
entropicisland
entropicisland began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yeah this is rad, or at least the 7" I'm on right now (I agree about the speakers though)

This is just a Samsung tablet with the Nook app pre-installed though, right? Is the Nook qua Nook extinct?
entropicisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:40 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by entropicisland View Post
Is the Nook qua Nook extinct?
As far as tablets go, yes the HD and HD+ were the last. As far as eInk Nook I don't think anyone knows. The newest one came out October 2013, but AFAIK nothing has been announced one way or the other as to if there will be a successor.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:18 PM   #8
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Supposedly B&N has sent at least one person here an email survey about a new Nook reader, presumably eInk. That doesn't mean that they'll find it worthwhile to release a new one, of course.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:10 PM   #9
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
Yes, I got a survey request from Barnes and Noble. It asked about different features that I considered important and how much I would pay for different e-ink readers with different features. They had a picture of a new Nook. It was more rectangular than the current one. The back was bronze colored aluminum. The front had a white bezel but it was not a raised bezel. The screen was flat. I didn't think to grab a screen capture of the new device. I thought lots of people here would get the survey. I tried to go back afterwards and it would not let me back in. I can't find any other information on the internet about this new reader.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote