Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Australian user: what is the T1 like to use?

Will I be able to (via Wi-Fi) with the device alone:
  • buy ebooks?
  • borrow ebooks?
  • downloads ebooks from MobileRead directly?
  • read HTML documents directly and store them locally?
  • read PDF documents directly and store them locally?
  • make breakfast?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:20 AM   #2
Lirillo
Lirillo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
You can download free ebooks (from sites like Project Gutenberg) directly, so the T1 should be able to do it from other websites. I've successfully borrowed 1 ebook from the library directly through the T1, but since then they won't download to the reader, while the library reckons you have.

You can't buy ebooks directly through the T1 in Australia as yet, and many people can't get ADE to work either. So you'll need to use another programme to manage your ebook collection.

While I like the T1 overall, it seems as though Sony has released it prematurely into the Australian market as they haven't solved the ADE issue for our region! If you're prepared to use a 3rd party programme to liase with the T1 and do a little "tweaking" to get things to work, it's a good option.
Lirillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2011, 05:46 AM   #3
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Touch the Sony Store icon and it will tell you the store is coming soon. I doubt it would be very long before we finally see the Sony Store down under. Another ebook estore would be a bonus.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:14 AM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
The UK "opening/release" is planned for December 1st - if engineers are happy with it.

So probably it'll be rolled out Ozwise around then too ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
The UK "opening/release" is planned for December 1st - if engineers are happy with it.

So probably it'll be rolled out Ozwise around then too ?
I don't know about the UK, but to the best of my knowledge it is the only model available here now.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #6
pshute
Enthusiast
pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, iPad Air
Australian Sony ebook store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Touch the Sony Store icon and it will tell you the store is coming soon. I doubt it would be very long before we finally see the Sony Store down under. Another ebook estore would be a bonus.
I'm reviving this old thread rather than starting a a new one. My T1 still says "Reader Store opening this Autumn". We're a month into autumn. Any news?
pshute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshute View Post
I'm reviving this old thread rather than starting a a new one. My T1 still says "Reader Store opening this Autumn". We're a month into autumn. Any news?
Dunno about Oz, but no UK one yet - but it'll only be another shop, after all, I can't see it breaking any new grounds enormously.

Surely you can buy books wifi-ly in Oz though, can't you ? If the browser works, that's you set to buy from on-line stores, anyway.

Or is that not so ?

Oh, re: the breakfast - fine to do so, but go lite on the olive oil, and maple syrup ain't recommended either...............
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #8
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshute View Post
It is still spring here. Maybe they mean japan autumn or third quarter.
Hope your summer was wonderful.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #9
pshute
Enthusiast
pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, iPad Air
I just checked the Australian reader store, and as well as ""Reader Store opening this Autumn" they've added a text box to fill in your email address to be notified when the store opens.
pshute is offline   Reply With Quote