Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-24-2018, 06:51 PM   #331
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@kevmsr - assuming the answer is No, have you tried using calibre's built in Open With? Easiest way to get to it is to right click a format in the Book details panel viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	165836

AFAIK it doesn't have a toolbar equivalent. It's also available via the View Specific format dialogue.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:58 PM   #332
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmsr View Post
Is there a place to get older versions of 'Open With'?
Not unless someone has kept a copy. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2018, 08:54 AM   #333
kevmsr
kevmsr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600
Thank you Better and David, for taking the time to reply. When amazon started failing for metadata, I started trying additional plugins. Somehow, along the line, my 'Open With' stopped functioning. I may have updated it before it stopped, but I don't remember, as my focus was on the metadata issue. I am using an older version of Calibre (I'm not updating it for other reasons) The newest version of 'Open With' (1.5.10) is not compatible, so I was panicking. I finally found an old hard drive from a few years ago, and copied the plugin (1.5.9) from there, now I'm back in business. I use it heavily for Winrar, Irfanview, and Sigil, and the extra step of 'open containing folder' was aggravating for someone as lazy as me. Thanks again for your help, and thank you to all the plugin creators out there.
kevmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:09 PM   #334
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
open with icon

The "open with" icon pops up a list of programs to use. You can add additional programs to open an epub file with "customize plugin". I have installed ebook readers Bookworm and Foliate, but am unable to find the "application path" of these. On my Ubuntu system they are installed via "flathub" in the normal "Ubuntu Software" center. Best Regards, Pop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-09-11 10-51-12.png
Views:	341
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	173411   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-09-11 10-57-59.png
Views:	330
Size:	450.5 KB
ID:	173412  
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:30 PM   #335
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwse@aol.com View Post
The "open with" icon pops up a list of programs to use. You can add additional programs to open an epub file with "customize plugin". I have installed ebook readers Bookworm and Foliate, but am unable to find the "application path" of these. On my Ubuntu system they are installed via "flat hub" in the normal "Ubuntu Software" center. Best Regards, Pop
Look in:

Code:
/home/yourusername/.var/app
This is a hidden directory.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2019, 05:34 PM   #336
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Moderator Notice
This is an issue with the optional Open With plugin, not the calibre ebook-editor - so I'll merge this thead into the OW plugin thread.

Some time back Kovid added an Open With feature to the calibre base. IMO, its much easier to use -- its configured by file type, doesn't require separate icon images, on Windows it makes use of the File Explorer Open With list.

Some users have had problems integrating the OW plugin with some 3rd party programs on some platforms. An upcoming calibre release (not 4.0 - later) will probably require some adjustments to all plugins. Given there's a built in alternative for the OW plugin, and the plugin has no active maintainer, users of the plugin might want to consider using the built-in OW.

IIRC something was added to the OW plugin to run arbitrary programs, the Job Spy plugin, which is actively maintained, has a couple of tools (Basic and 'Advanced') to do that.

BR
Old 09-11-2019, 08:54 PM   #337
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
Thank you for your help.
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:16 AM   #338
7dau253mrwry4spf
Banned
7dau253mrwry4spf began at the beginning.

"Open with" kepubify

I tried using the "Open with" plugin to convert epubs to kepub with calibre:

Code:
title: Kepubify
submenu:
format: epub
image: kepubify.png
application path: /opt/kepubify/kepubify
args: --inplace --hyphenate --calibre
but it does not work.
Some idea?

Last edited by pdurrant; 07-07-2020 at 09:51 AM. Reason: removed green
7dau253mrwry4spf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:29 AM   #339
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Moderator Notice

Please post plugin issues in the relevant plugin thread - there's a sticky index at the top of the subforum

Thanks - BR
Old 07-06-2020, 07:50 AM   #340
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Could I also request not to post in green? I find it very hard to read on a tablet in Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:35 PM   #341
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dau253mrwry4spf View Post

Code:
submenu:
but it does not work.
Some idea?
How does it not work? What happens? Are there any errors shown? Does kepuby start?

Last edited by pdurrant; 07-07-2020 at 09:52 AM. Reason: removed green
Old 07-07-2020, 02:07 AM   #342
7dau253mrwry4spf
Banned
7dau253mrwry4spf began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
How does it not work? What happens? Are there any errors shown? Does kepuby start?
Given the configuration I indicated in the first post, if I right-click on "Open with" => "Kepubify" simply nothing happens. No kepub is created, no error message is returned.

7dau253mrwry4spf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 06:36 AM   #343
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Given the configuration I indicated in the first post, if I right-click on "Open with" => "Kepubify" simply nothing happens. No kepub is created, no error message is returned.

Please... Try to avoid green text. It is very hard to read on a tablet

PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:11 AM   #344
Sam Sahara
Connoisseur
Sam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litter

Device: lambda k21
Quote:

Code:
submenu:
but it does not work.
Some idea?
It is known that the plugin does not work in some cases where an incompatibility occurs between some components and the operating system. You must use the "Open With" feature that has been added to calibre base. It is much easier to use. I always use it and it works like a music box.

Last edited by Sam Sahara; 07-08-2020 at 05:10 AM. Reason: removed green
Sam Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:49 AM   #345
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Can you run calibre in debug mode and try again and post the log? To do that, right-click the preferences button and choose the option there. Calibre will restart and display a message. Then try running kepubify. Afterwards, close calibre and the log will be displayed. Post the log or PM it to me and I'll have a look.

Tags
conversion, kepubify