Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 06-08-2007, 07:56 AM   #16
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
New Release: Comic output LRF file is now written to same directory as the Comic Book. Added batch processing, you can now use multiple files on the command line
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:46 PM   #17
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
I tried the new program and received an error. My command line was c:/comiclrf.pl -n "*.cbr"

I had six different cbr files in the directory and I noticed that it seemed to be converting all six together into one large file, instead of six different files. Did I set up the command line wrong?
After it finished, it gave me this error message...

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
LRS2LRF failed! at c:\Documents and Settings\.......\comiclrf.pl line 172"

I am going to try some variations on how I set up the command line and see what happens.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2007, 08:52 PM   #18
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried the same command line but without the " " and with only two files to save time. I still received the same error message and I noticed that it was taking the two files and processing them alphabetically, instead of by file. For example, it processed the first page of the first comic book, then the pages of the second comic book, then the rest of the pages of the first comic book. The images in the .cbr file are named funny, which doesn't matter when using the reader program, but it messes up the processing. I will try some more variations.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:03 PM   #19
Tom Swift
Addict

Okay, I tried putting two file names on the command line, one after the other. It worked on the first and then gave me the same error message. I used wildcards in the file names because I was too lazy to write out the entire file. I then tried it on one file, no wildcards, and it worked. I then tried it on two files, no wildcards and it also worked. So, don't use wildcards.

Is there a way to have, say, 50 cbr files in the directory and then have the command line read c:\comiclrf.pl -n *.cbr and that would process the entire directory? Typing in every filename on the command line would take a while, especially if you have hundreds of files in a directory.

Or am I just using the wildcard function wrong?

The file does output to the input folder, which is great.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:10 PM   #20
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

New Release: Added filename wildcard support
Advert
Old 06-09-2007, 09:04 PM   #21
Tom Swift
Addict

Thanks, worked great.

One more suggestion (man, I am sounding demanding). Sometimes a directory may have both .cbr and .cbz files. Would it be possible to have it able to accept both in a command line wildcard?

For example , comiclrf.pl -n *.cb*

I tried this and the .cbr files worked but the output of the .cbz files were little 15k files. This is not a big deal since I can always separate the different files and then run two batches but it would be a nice feature.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:12 PM   #22
Tom Swift
Addict

Strange. I just tried to convert the .cbz files by themselves and they remained small. Also, one of them converted a different file instead of the one I selected to convert.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:40 AM   #23
FangornUK
Addict

No problems with me using "*.c*". Looks like you've got some images "ImageMagick" doesn't like, possibly corrupt?
Old 06-10-2007, 08:38 AM   #24
Tom Swift
Addict

That could be. I tried the batch in a different folder and everything worked fine.

This is a great program. Thanks again for writing it and making it available.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:05 PM   #25
sonofjorel
sonofjorel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader
noob doesn't understand

I'm completely new to this but would love to read comics on my reader. I downloaded all the programs needed to convert .cbz to .lrf but cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. I'm using Windows XP--how to do you open a command prompt in the comiclrf directory?

Once I am able to open the command prompt I don't think I'll have any problems (knock on wood).
sonofjorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:38 AM   #26
FangornUK
Addict

Well you could try Google first as there are over a million hits on this subject.

You could create a shortcut with the following command (change the directory to suit):
cmd /k "cd c:\utils\comiclrf\"
Old 06-20-2007, 09:44 AM   #27
sonofjorel

Thanks! OK, I got the command prompt but am still not getting it to create the lrf file.

The command prompt I get is: c:\comiclrf>
My .cbz file is just in my c: drive (not in any folder like My Documents or anything) so after the prompt I type: comiclrf.pl "c:\Outsiders048.cbz" but the only thing that happens is the comiclrf.pl notepad file opens.

I have the ImageMagick program where it should be (in Program Files) and comiclrf and Perl programs are both in my c: drive (not under program files or anything like that). Is there something simple I should be doing that will get it to work or am I really off the mark?

As I said before--total noob trying to do this so any help is appreciated.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:07 AM   #28
FangornUK
Addict

Reinstall Perl as described in the README.txt and choose the default options. Try rebooting after that.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:26 PM   #29
sonofjorel

Thank you! I don't know what I did before but I just uninstalled everything, reinstalled it all, rebooted, and have converted 2 files! I was going to try to do a batch but to be honest, I'm just excited that it worked at all.

Many thanks for creating something like this. My reader is probably going to get worn out a lot faster now.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:25 AM   #30
Lime2K
Lime2K began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader (PRS-500)
I'd like to thank you for this tool as well -- it takes less time to convert manga with this tool than feeding the files to Acrobat and then pdfRastafarian - and they look better too!

(goes back to reading manga now ^_^)
Lime2K is offline   Reply With Quote