Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-28-2018, 01:12 AM   #46
mink
mink began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Mini
nhedgehog, m4mmon, thank you for the great replies and the astounding research ! I am trying to reproduce this hack on my PocketBook Mini whose internal SDCard died and is now stuck in read-only mode.

From what I gather from your posts, the pocketbook checks the serial and CID of the sdcard to ascertain if it is genuine? And so we can trick monitor.app into reading the serial from a file? What I didn't get is what I should put in the .sd_original_serial file. Is it the serial of the old card? the serial of the new one? The CID of either of them?

Thanks a lot for your help!
mink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:48 AM   #47
nhedgehog
Addict
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Its the CID of the old card.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:23 PM   #48
mink
mink began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Mini
Thank you for the clarification ! Unfortunately I damaged some capacitors while opening the back cover and now my reader is *really* toasted. Nonetheless, I'll keep all of that in mind for my next PocketBook !
mink is offline   Reply With Quote