Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-25-2020, 12:43 PM   #1
maimai
maimai began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Thumbs down Don't divide so many folders!

Excuse me, if there is only one folder when the book is imported, it will be fine!
Don't divide so many folders! There are several episodes and each has a folder.

Picture 1 is originally imported into calibre, and picture 2 is the book folder I compiled.

I know that I can directly click "Save a single directory on the hard drive", but won't the books I import be organized as folders? Doesn't it take up hard disk space to save the two sides?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1606325962574.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	308.8 KB
ID:	183592   Click image for larger version

Name:	1606325944964.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	183593   Click image for larger version

Name:	messageImage_1606326094930.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	575.7 KB
ID:	183594  
maimai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:03 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
READ the FAQ about changing Calibres folder structure.

Simple solution to what you are seeing: Don't peek beneath the skirts.
There is almost no need to ever do that. Calibre is your Librarian and will DELIVER to you device or viewer
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 08:20 AM   #3
maimai
maimai began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
READ the FAQ about changing Calibres folder structure.

Simple solution to what you are seeing: Don't peek beneath the skirts.
There is almost no need to ever do that. Calibre is your Librarian and will DELIVER to you device or viewer

Can I use calibre to change the name of the book to Chinese? It is not pinyin, will it be supported in the future?
maimai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:28 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by maimai View Post
Can I use calibre to change the name of the book to Chinese? It is not pinyin, will it be supported in the future?
The GUI controls what happens under the skirts. AFAIK it will do what is needed to keep the Library structure compatible with ALL the OS (allows you to switch OS, with care, and still use your Library).

Does it really mater what the folder is named IF Calibre manages the Library? NO!
Select a book from the GUI, and the Librarian delivers it (with updated metadata) to the destination selected (Device, Export Folder).

As to title naming, why not make a test book entry, and send it to your device and see what you get?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 03:52 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by maimai View Post
The library folder and file names cannot be changed, for the reasons already stated. See this sticky thread (and the embedded links) ==>> Want to change folder structure or file names in the Calibre library?

If you use the Save to Disk tool the file names are defined by a template you define in Preferences->Save to Disk, make sure the Convert non-English characters to English equivalents setting is unchecked

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-11-27 073356.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	183607

The Send to Device feature is similar, IIRC different devices can have different templates.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote