Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-21-2020, 11:12 AM   #61
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I have also seen the wait-cursor get "stuck". IIRC it was after I cancel out of some operation. I can't remember if it was only plugin's or when I had right-clicked on a file in the book browser. It did stay "stuck" until I restarted Sigil, then it was fine. It is definitely NOT something that would hold up a critical release - just an annoyance.

I'll try and get it to reoccur and post my steps.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:52 AM   #62
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
So is there anything we can do in Sigil code or python plugin code to make that spinning disk go away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
The spinning blue disk cursor is a generic Windows system cursor that can be displayed for any number of reasons.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:55 AM   #63
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
For the record, Qt itself is almost always riddled with cursor bugs. We've been using the same Qt build for several releases, so it's not inconceivable that that version has more than its fair share of cursor-related glitchiness. Any PyQt5 plugins would be susceptible to those same bugs since they share the same Qt libraries that Sigil itself uses.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 12:58 PM   #64
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Please post any follow-ups on the Sigil 1.4.2 Release thread not here.

And sorry for the two quick follow-on critical update releases. We will try to do better next time but two bug fixes since Sigil 1.3.0 seemed to have impacts outside of the fix itself we had not foreseen.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:10 PM   #65
julid
julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Ah! Okay. Thank you, folks. I haven't had Windows 10 long and this was the first time I've seen that notice. I'm glad to know everything's "ok". I'll go ahead and use the file then (yes, I did get it from your site Kevin H. Just don't know all Windows 10 funkiness yet! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Brand-new files will often trigger this warning on Windows 10 machines. If you're worried about viruses you can always visit Virustotal, click the URL link, paste the link to the installer in the box and click the magnifier icon.
You'll then see that not a single antivirus program thinks that the installer is infected.
You can also click here to the see the results for the Sigil 1.4.1 installer.
julid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:47 AM   #66
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Please post any follow-ups on the Sigil 1.4.2 Release thread not here.

And sorry for the two quick follow-on critical update releases. We will try to do better next time but two bug fixes since Sigil 1.3.0 seemed to have impacts outside of the fix itself we had not foreseen.
KevinH You and Diapdealer are doing a great job Do not worry about it. No reasonable person expects omniscience from you two.

Though it sometimes seems....
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:48 AM   #67
Monaghan
Enthusiast
Monaghan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Yes just rename sigil.ini and let Sigil create its own new version. Please try to generate a debug log file of a crash by setting the SIGIL_DEBUG_LOGFILE environment variable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I think all you have to do is rename the existing sigil.ini into something else like sigil.bak. Then reopen Sigil and it will create a new .ini if it can't find the old one.
This seems to have solved the issue, touch wood. Thank you for the help, both.
Monaghan is offline   Reply With Quote