Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 02-23-2020, 10:53 PM   #1
toancv
Connoisseur
toancv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite, Likebook Mars, Kobo Aura Ed. 2, Kobo Touch
Likebook Ares - battery charging problem

My Likebook Ares suddenly cannot chagre any more both charging directly from power source or charging via PC. When I connect to PC, the PC say "Power surge on the usb port. Unknown USB device need more power than the port can supply". Anyone have solution for this. Many thanks in advance.
toancv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:29 PM   #2
ctop
Connoisseur
ctop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: zaurus->palm->iPad->Sony PRS-T1,T2,T3->Kobo Forma&Likebook Ares
Can you use a different cable to try? On my Ares, I noticed that some cables do not work. Also the connector seems to be manufactured a bit sloppy, so sometimes even a "good" cable will not connect.
Hope this helps,
ctop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 03:29 AM   #3
toancv
Connoisseur
toancv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite, Likebook Mars, Kobo Aura Ed. 2, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctop View Post
Can you use a different cable to try? On my Ares, I noticed that some cables do not work. Also the connector seems to be manufactured a bit sloppy, so sometimes even a "good" cable will not connect.
Hope this helps,
Thanks for your advice. I tried three different cables including the original one, and at least four adapters but without success. The seller asked to return to China for inspection. I still hope I can figure out some way to charge it.
toancv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:31 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by toancv View Post
My Likebook Ares suddenly cannot chagre any more both charging directly from power source or charging via PC. When I connect to PC, the PC say "Power surge on the usb port. Unknown USB device need more power than the port can supply". Anyone have solution for this. Many thanks in advance.
I had the same problem with my Alita.
I contacted the seller, got the answer to send it for checking to China.
Then asked who pays postal costs, got the answer, the seller.
Then I sent it to China, copied the postal invoice and sent it to the seller.
One day later I had the postal costs on my bank account amd one week later I received a new Alita.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 05:22 AM   #5
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
After a long time with no issues and leaving things well alone I too have this problem on my Alita. It showed 70% when I plugged it in but it's not charging. At the moment I'm trying different cables and charging options but it's not charging.

Last edited by bazz2004; 12-06-2023 at 05:25 AM.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote