Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-07-2016, 06:28 AM   #1
mbkimberley
Enthusiast
mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: none
Sci Fiction recommendations

I am ready Dragon Bound at the moment by Thea Harrison. (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Bound...sap_bc?ie=UTF8)

Any recommendations for other science fiction or fantasy ebooks?
mbkimberley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:21 AM   #2
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
As far as Sci-Fi I'm reading through "The Frontier Saga" by Ryk Brown at the moment I wouldn't say it's the best set of novels ever but I am finding it quite an enjoyable story at first I thought it was a bit of a Star Trek Voyager rip off but it's actually got a lot more to it.

When I finish that off I think I might give the Shannara Chronicles a try because the TV show has piqued my interest.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2016, 09:31 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
See all the threads linked from this post

Science Fiction and Fantasy is a very broad field! Do you want to be more specific about what kind of book you're looking for?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:25 PM   #4
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Hi mbkimberley. For similar fantasy you might enjoy Rachel Aaron's heartstriker books. The first one is http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ies_dp_rw_ca_1

For science fiction, the same writer under the name of Rachel Bach has written the excellent paradox series. The three books in that series were among my favourite reads of 2015.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...ds=Rachel+Bach
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:41 AM   #5
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Elder Races series tends to be listed under Urban Fantasy genre, but even that is huge. Are you looking for dragon-related, shifters (werewolves are a huge subset of UF), romance (UF is romance heavy), supernatural in general, fantasy creatures, fantasy meets the modern world, etc?

Patricia Briggs (Mercy Thompson 1st person, Alpha & Omega 3rd) might work for you if want a modern world fantasy setting. G.A. Aiken has a dragon-shifter series that rates high (its in 1st person so I haven't read it.)
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
fantasy ebooks