Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-20-2016, 01:09 AM   #1
ntamas
Zealot
ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 3 + Kindle keyboard
Question Smart zooming of web content

Hello!

I have a PW3 with 5.8.7. Is there a way to bring back the rotation of web pages in web browser like it was in 5.6.5 or at least can I zoom the content like it was in Keyboard (K3)?

It's rather annoying when I want to read an article ad hoc, I can't zoom it normally because the pinching works globally and insanely. I mean it just zooms in the pages and you can't somehow prevent the content from being scrolled horizontally when you scroll downwards or upwards. It would be much more acceptable if you could select the zoom value from a menu and the more important part would be to justify the text in accordance with the zoom rate. (like it was in nontouch Kindles)

Why did Amazon throw out the idea of this? The higher resolution also pertains to PW3 so the text in the browser is ab ovo smaller. Thus it would be nice to bring this smart zooming function back.

Thanks for your opinions.
ntamas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, paperwhite, zoom