Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
January39
January39 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Flashing green light, got it back but...

Hi, Hoping for some help

I had the flashing green light and with some searching on internet managed to get it live again - currently unit is working.

1. What does flashing green light mean? I thought it meant soft bricked so I was working on that basis and by removing battery (to ensure total off) and holding power btn and vol up - it turned back on. So far everything is good and working. Not sure what exactly I did but it worked - anyone?

2. Can I install a CFW to it? or is there a recovery mode or recovery programme I can access (I have a SD card etc)

3. Can I dump the Image file (possibly a nand image??) of my unit for later?

4. Do these have a service mode or something, or custom IPL's in order to load a new FW or replacement FW?

Apologies, if this is rambling a bit, I have little to no knowledge of these units and this one was given to me, but my youngest son had it 20 mins and we got flashing green light.

I do have experience with PSP and FW's/nand images etc - so not totally in the dark with some terminology. I do not need spoon feeding but some pointers or maybe even links to pages that might help me would be really appreciated

Thanks in advance, appreciate any help. In the meantime I will keep searching I have just noticed a 'hacking' thread which might help.

I have all serials/build numbers etc as well.
January39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
my green light flashes when it can't find wifi
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:43 AM   #3
January39
January39 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Hmm, that is interesting as the Wi Fi has been turned off although does not explain how I cannot turn it on, unless I hard reset. Worth looking into though, thanks
January39 is offline   Reply With Quote