Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-25-2016, 11:21 AM   #151
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
Just here to confirm that KindleLazy still works fine on PW3 with the latest 5.8.5 update, if anyone is curious.
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:30 PM   #152
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxczxc View Post
Just here to confirm that KindleLazy still works fine on PW3 with the latest 5.8.5 update, if anyone is curious.
Thanks! Have not updated by KV but am using KL every night and thinking good thoughts about you.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2016, 04:29 AM   #153
iero79
iero79 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5
Hello, and happy to be here.
Just a question. It is possible to develop the code for basic kindle devices KindleLazy ?.
I'm not a programmer, so I wonder, and I think it would be wonderful to enjoy this mod on my kindle 5, so that the physical buttons are worn.
Thanks for the answer, and forgive my English, use a translator.
iero79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:55 AM   #154
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by iero79 View Post
Hello, and happy to be here.
Just a question. It is possible to develop the code for basic kindle devices KindleLazy ?.
I'm not a programmer, so I wonder, and I think it would be wonderful to enjoy this mod on my kindle 5, so that the physical buttons are worn.
Thanks for the answer, and forgive my English, use a translator.
Number 1)
We can not tell what Kindle model you are asking about.

There have been three "Kindle Basic" devices.
There have been eight "Kindle 5" models the way we designate them here (all of the touch screen devices run series 5 firmware).

The first thing you need to do is find out the nickname of your device as used here.

Using the first six characters of your device's serial number and this chart:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
Tell us which model (by local nickname) you are asking about.

Our answer will be either yes or no depending on exact model.
Note: If your device has buttons - then it is definitely NO - models with buttons do not have the internal hardware support required.

Last edited by knc1; 10-29-2016 at 08:58 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:00 PM   #155
kennethjones
kennethjones began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
My friend, this LazyKindle thing you whipped up is something I waited on for a long time. It's the only justification I see for a jailbreak. Works beautifully on the Kindle Voyage, and combined with the silent-click, non-wife-waking Inateck presenter (Amazon, $14) and the Tablift (Amazon, $40), it's a whole new reading experience lying down, with warm arms resting under the covers.

Let me know if you ever get the Kindle text to move left and right, so I don't have to move my eyeballs. Then I'm set.

Seriously, nice work. PM me a paypal address and I'll toss you twenty bucks.
kennethjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2016, 11:33 AM   #156
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethjones View Post
My friend, this LazyKindle thing you whipped up is something I waited on for a long time. It's the only justification I see for a jailbreak. Works beautifully on the Kindle Voyage, and combined with the silent-click, non-wife-waking Inateck presenter (Amazon, $14) and the Tablift (Amazon, $40), it's a whole new reading experience lying down, with warm arms resting under the covers.

Let me know if you ever get the Kindle text to move left and right, so I don't have to move my eyeballs. Then I'm set.

Seriously, nice work. PM me a paypal address and I'll toss you twenty bucks.
That's very nice to offer $20 but the fact that you are using it and enjoy it is payment enough, so I don't need any payment
I'm glad you enjoy it, and good idea with the tablift thing!

Thank you.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:47 PM   #157
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

This is something I'd certainly be willing to pay for as well. Every time I use it it's like getting a Christmas present. Warm arms under the covers is right! Wonderful!
Old 12-28-2016, 09:56 AM   #158
Trigun
Connoisseur
Trigun began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw3
hello
just found this post...but i think this don't works (on PW2)
i have this keyboard https://shop.xtreamer.net/product_im...85505_zoom.png but when i use otg cable + dongle usb the keyboard don't find the dongle
no idea if is a problem of the keyboard or PW2 limitation
Trigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:36 AM   #159
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Welll ... nobody ever said a whole keyboard would work with this software. This is only created to allow a few clicks to work (forward, backward on a slide show -- or on the kindle pages). You might be able to program additional keys into the software -- but only if the PW2 knows about keys at all. The kindle-keyboard (KT3???) was the latest model to actually have a keyboard. So I've NO idea if your keyboard has a ghost of a chance of working.

Actual experts may show up sometime .....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:52 AM   #160
jscris
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
hello

no idea if is a problem of the keyboard or PW2 limitation
I don't think anyone has been able to use it on a PW2. It doesn't work on mine.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:58 AM   #161
Trigun
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
I don't think anyone has been able to use it on a PW2. It doesn't work on mine.
i was hoping when i found this post... but after read "tested only on pw3" my card castle was already almost broken :-(

i need something for turn page without touch the kindle so hard :-( i was thinking on make something with a small rotor and a receiver for click on the kindle :-) but is ugly
Old 12-28-2016, 11:38 AM   #162
Trigun
Connoisseur

i found this post https://mbarabasz.wordpress.com/2013...e-page-turner/ any idea if this still works with the last kindle firmware? (5.8.x)
Old 01-11-2017, 01:01 PM   #163
zxczxc
Addict

Quote:
i found this post https://mbarabasz.wordpress.com/2013...e-page-turner/ any idea if this still works with the last kindle firmware? (5.8.x)
Yes it is possible, it should work with minimal changes.
Maybe just a new version of xdotool (maybe the old version is ok!)

I did something similar before that guy, it worked but it was not as clean as usb otg.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:16 AM   #164
Trigun
Connoisseur

i think pw2 support otg too (i saw a folder named otg somewhere.. don't remember where since i don't know linux well)
but i failed to turn the page with ssh command (bc on pw2 the keyboard isn't supported)
Old 01-13-2017, 09:08 AM   #165
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
i think pw2 support otg too (i saw a folder named otg somewhere.. don't remember where since i don't know linux well)
but i failed to turn the page with ssh command (bc on pw2 the keyboard isn't supported)
There have been attempts to get OTG working on the PW2 -
Without much results as I recall, so call that an "unsolved problem" for now at least.
(The PW1 and older do not use the same i.MX6SL, SoC, and the older chips have various hardware problems built-in).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remote, remote control