Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-12-2018, 04:50 AM   #541
leojab
leojab began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Hi, has anyone tried using the Samsung Dex pad to view on Onyx Boox Max 2. I linked them up and all but it displays just black screen on Max 2.
i thought normally it should work smoothly on max 2 via HDMI but weird.\
Any known fix?
leojab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:19 PM   #542
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
Some tips to improve display quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	164493   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	164494   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	164495  
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2018, 05:50 AM   #543
leojab
leojab began at the beginning.

Someone any idea? This will help me only to carry my max 2 and note 8 mobile system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leojab View Post
Hi, has anyone tried using the Samsung Dex pad to view on Onyx Boox Max 2. I linked them up and all but it displays just black screen on Max 2.
Any known fix?
leojab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:34 AM   #544
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Someone any idea? This will help me only to carry my max 2 and note 8 mobile system.
I heard someone failed with his Huawei Mate.

We know that Max2 doesn't support OTG with normal cable due to power limit.

It might work with a power supply input enabled HDMI to type-c cable. Just my guess.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1aa2-fysuuxz9235191.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	164630  
Old 06-29-2018, 10:32 PM   #545
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
can the ereader be used indefinitely aka charge faster than drain when used with a usb cable?
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2018, 03:27 PM   #546
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
"One way to use a ThinkPad in the sun -- with e-ink":

www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/8ursk1/one_way_to_use_a_thinkpad_in_the_sun_with_eink/
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:57 AM   #547
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by orebmur View Post
Beautiful work
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:10 AM   #548
onyx2001
onyx2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Max 2 and T86
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
can the ereader be used indefinitely aka charge faster than drain when used with a usb cable?
I think so, at least at the end of the day it was still full.
onyx2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:56 AM   #549
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
It will probably depend on usage - on the amount of motion you cause on the screen. Unfortunately, the whole HDMI+Monitor App system drains very heavily.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:56 PM   #550
Jayjee
Connoisseur
Jayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Any known fix?
I tried it too (my dex pad arrived this week). Same experience. Found the following points in the electronic manual of the DexPad:
Quote:
• If the TV or monitor do not support HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), the Samsung DeX mode screen may not be displayed.
• Samsung DeX mode supports HD+, FHD, and WQHD resolutions. Some content on your mobile device may be displayed differently on the TV or monitor.
I am not technical enough to comment on the first point, whether Max2 in conkunction with the monitor app supports HDCP, in any case there is a little opening there ("may not be displayed").
However, the second point is definitely a party crasher, since I can understand, that it is only possible to use the native resolution of the Max2 in the monitor app...
So unless one of the tech freaks here in this thread has a solution for the resolution, I guess using the Max2 with the DexPad remains a dream...

Best,
Jan
Jayjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:31 PM   #551
Bian
Bian began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note
SIMPLY USE SKYPE TO SHARE THE SCREEN!

I don't know if anybody has mentioned it, I haven't read everything, but I have seen people struggling to use their Boox as a second monitor. I've tried this with my Boox Note, it's quite simple.
- Install Rotation Control from the Play Store, and rotate Boox to landscape mode.
- Install Skype both in your computer and Android e-reader. Login with two different accounts in each.
- Video call the device and share the screen of your computer. As simples as that. I use this in my Mac, but I guess this Skype feature is also present in Windows and Linux.

Tips: use Boox in A2 mode, double tap Skype for full screen, change the resolution in your computer display to make things bigger.

Drawback: there is some lag with the touchpad/mouse, about one second. But I've also tried USB transmission with Splashtop wired xdisplay (it says free, but it's free for just a 10 min trial), and the lagging is the same even with the cable (does anybody know any option without this lagging?). Splashtop costs 8 euros, the advantage is that you can control your computer by touching the screen of the device.

In spite of the touchpad lag, it can still be very convenient in case you need to do a lot of reading or writing. In my case, working as a translator, staring at a screen for many hours... this can be a relief for my eyes.

Last edited by Bian; 07-13-2018 at 11:36 PM.
Bian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:24 PM   #552
cqman
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bian View Post
SIMPLY USE SKYPE TO SHARE THE SCREEN!
Teamviewer with LAN mode might be a litter bit faster than Skype.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:18 AM   #553
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bian View Post
simply use skype to share the screen!

I don't know if anybody has mentioned it, I haven't read everything
You say "simply", because you must be used to Skype, but in fact it is not its most proper use-case!

Also try direct, serverless, TeamViewer, as cqman suggests (do check the option of a local LAN). I read that I did not find it solid though (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=324).

Go really simple, using subsystems tailored for that: install bVNC on the tablet and try a few VNC servers on your Mac.

And, insist with Onyx that they restore the ability to use USB networking.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:31 AM   #554
2new
2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
Adb reverse working?

Can anyone confirm if:

adb reverse tcp:80 tcp:80

Lets you connect to the internet or localhost through the USB cable?

Much appreciated. Considering buying if it does.
2new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:45 PM   #555
mdp
Wizard

Yes - USB networking is somehow there

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2new View Post
Can anyone confirm if:
adb reverse tcp:80 tcp:80
Lets you connect to the internet or localhost through the USB cable?
YES!

It works!
Tested with a Max2, old firmware.
In the attached picture, I connect via web browser to a GIS server I keep on my desktop computer (as http://localhost:8080/ ). I trust that also VNC connections etc. will work as they should.

I did not know the `adb reverse` trick! Hippocrates was so right.

Much appreciated yourself!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Max2_USB_network_connection.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	165064