Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 08-21-2015, 03:23 AM   #1
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1 no touch
Calibre, Pocketbook and Series Info

Hi!

I found in a german forum the info that there is a problem with series infos in epubs because PocketBooks need them as last information in the metadata.

I also found the info that the user, together with Kovid, found a solution but this solution won't go into the general source as it might cause problems for other readers.

The user also created a patch for it, but I can't use it as I am still bound to calibre 1.48 (old Mac).

I also tried 3 month ago to understand the atch and apply it to my calibre, but failed

Did anyone else have the same problem?

Or is there a kind soul who could point me to the correct source files and give me some hints how I could sort the metadata accordingly?

Many thanks in advance!
Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 03:19 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
What patch are we talking about here?

Links please.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2015, 03:50 PM   #3
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's here: http://allesebook.de/forum/showthrea...ight=faulander

Problem is: That's in German. Esentially he exchanged the opf2.pyo file.

The reason is: When Pocket Books get the series information, they ignore any following metadata. So the series info has to come last.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:56 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Follow the directions here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/develop.html You will need to update the correct source file in your code checkout.
Far more convenient than patching compiled python files in the zipped-up resources.

That fix should be compatible with any version of calibre going back at least to version 1.48.

You might also drop them a line in that forum, that they may wish to use a git checkout of the source code -- advantage is, you can commit the change, then do a "git pull --rebase" every time calibre is released. No need to manually patch the source every time!
Only relevant if you actually can update calibre on your OS...

Enclosed is a copy of calibre v1.48.0:src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/opf2.py patched with that fix.
Attached Files
File Type: zip opf2.zip (14.5 KB, 104 views)
Old 08-25-2015, 12:30 PM   #5
Skeeve
Zealot

Thanks a lot!
Advert
Old 08-25-2015, 03:24 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

FWIW, someone opened a bug report here and Kovid found an elegant solution here.

Which means calibre v2.36.0 and on will automatically have that (faster) workaround. That may not help you, stuck as you are on v1.48.0 -- but it should help the other people in that thread.

EDIT: Also, obviously, that fix can be applied instead, which might be more efficient for you too.

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-25-2015 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:01 PM   #7
Skeeve
Zealot

Thanks again!

Had I only looked earlier at the solution you linked…

Anyhow: I've changed what you gave me - as it didn't work for me. As the comment in the linked solution states: series_index has to come after series.

What I did to the opf2 you gave me, is to not search for "calibre:" in name but for name == "calibre:series_index" which I then simply move to the end. So not moving each and every calibre: metadata but just this one.

I think it's fast enough.