Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-10-2017, 03:17 PM   #1
tetrault
Enthusiast
tetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3
Spellcheck Ignore Words

I would like the Spellcheck tool to ignore words forever, and not just during the current session. It shouldn't be hard to generate a user list of words to ignore always. I have lots of words I use in a book (such as invented names) that I don't want to add to the default user dictionary.

I have a kludgy workaround. I created an Ignore.txt user dictionary. I add my "Ignore" words to the Ignore.txt dictionary and to my default user dictionary. When I want a clean default dictionary I copy it, paste in the Ignore list, find duplicates (thank you BBEdit), and delete both. I shouldn't have to do this.
tetrault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:29 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrault View Post
I would like the Spellcheck tool to ignore words forever, and not just during the current session.
Try the following:
  1. Select Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Location.
  2. Double-click the user_dictionaries folder and copy your custom dictionary (one word per line) to that folder.
  3. Select Edit > Preferences > Spellcheck Dictionaries and click the check box next to the name of your user dictionary.

Last edited by Doitsu; 02-10-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2017, 03:45 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Variation on Doitsu's suggestion

Did you try adding your ignore.txt word list into the user dictionaries folder in Sigil's configuration folder and turning it on/off in Preferences - you could use a symlink if you don't want to keep the list in Sigil's config folder.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-10-2017 at 03:49 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:02 AM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
My Technique:

In addition to the normal spellchecker dictionary I have a user dictionary for each series/world. Character and place names, etc. are usually consistent throughout that universe. When you wish to add a word to the ignore list you can select which dictionary it is added to.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 03:25 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
My Technique:

In addition to the normal spellchecker dictionary I have a user dictionary for each series/world. Character and place names, etc. are usually consistent throughout that universe. When you wish to add a word to the ignore list you can select which dictionary it is added to.
+1
SF&F have so many made up /derived words that you will see RED unless steps are taken
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert