Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #1
Curry Udon
Curry Udon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Screen died on me.

Unfortunately, I turned on my reader today and the screen appears to be dead.

More specifically, in high light situations I can barely make out the text, but in normal lighting it almost appears as if the unit is off. The reader itself appears ok, I can turn off and on the unit, it shows up in Connect, I can transfer files etc. I just cant see anything :P

I tried resetting the unit via the reset button, recharging the battery, etc. All no go.

I cant come up with any kindof ideas on why this happened outside of amanufacturing defect. The reader has seen very little use since the time I have had it, it was never dropped or banged around. Heck it never even left the house. I might have neglected to turn if off last night, but from the little I know of E-Ink technology that should not have affected the unit.

My poor little reader only lasted 6 days

Worse off, Sony no longer has any in stock so I have to wait till the next shipment (whenever that is).

Oh well, early adopter for the win!
Curry Udon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:26 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
(sigh) I suppose it had to happen eventually, but I'm sorry it has happened to ou, Curry.

I expect that Sony will want to take care of this quickly for you, and I'm pretty sure they do monitor MobileRead, so posting here may help your turnaround on a resolution.

One bright spot: with as many good, solid units as they've already fielded, you shouldn't have to worry about a replacement Reader having problems (or a replacement of that replacement, or ....).
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert