Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-04-2010, 05:40 AM   #1
DrDk
DrDk began at the beginning.

Device: A81
Screen contrast

Hello,

I am looking to buy an e- book reader.
I have seen an Irivers story,
I am worried that I will not be able to put up with the low contrast of E ink.
Is the Jetbook a better option?
I mainly read in bed and need to read a larger than normal font size. I am running out of large print options at my local library.
I am thinking that the 5 " Jetbook in landscape mode may give a "brihter" contrast than e-ink.
Any thoughts?

Thanks DrDK
DrDk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:29 AM   #2
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
I don't have any other readers to compare it to, but the jetbook does have a very crisp and clear screen. I would say it is just as easy to read as a regular paperback under the same settings (room lighting).
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #3
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74902

Watch the video, he has a lot of different ereaders there. Near the end he gives a pretty good shot of the Jetbook. (along with a pretty good recomendation)

In my opinion, this is an incredible piece of video that everyone looking to buy an ereader should see.

Good luck making what can be a tough choice.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
I don't have any other readers to compare it to, but the jetbook does have a very crisp and clear screen. I would say it is just as easy to read as a regular paperback under the same settings (room lighting).
I agree. I compared jetBook screen with Sony 300 and PocketBook e-ink screens and I like jetBook screen more.
This link has more details about jetBook and jetBook-Lite screen
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45593
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote