Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-04-2009, 06:13 AM   #1
melbournian
Colonial chapette
melbournian began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
It's arrived!

My, that was fast! I think I only ordered my PocketPro last Friday and it arrived today (Wednesday in Aussie land) in all its white loveliness. The SD card full of books was a nice treat, and I am already thoroughly engrossed in Flatland. I haven't experienced eInk before but it is a very easy display to read. I'm getting used to the slight delay with switching pages and almost have it down to the exact millisecond where one the page I should press the button so it changes over the instant I've read the last word. My family are all suitable impressed...I think I will have to hold on tight to it! Can't wait to take it away and be able to have all my favourites at my fingertips.
melbournian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:14 AM   #2
hodad66
Beachside Member
hodad66 doesn't litterhodad66 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3
Congrats on the new toy.... happy reading!
hodad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2009, 06:42 AM   #3
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Well congratulations, glad you're happy with your Pocket Pro (especially as I'd feel guilty if you didn't as I brought it your attention).

Very impressed with the shipping, I was happy myself at 8 days....and yes, keep a firm grip on it, I showed my wife my PP and now she takes it from me and uses it more than me. Wonderful device, once again I'm glad you're happy with it.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:24 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Congrats!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:23 AM   #5
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Mine is also here in town, and UPS tracking says it is out for delivery. It is 8:20 AM now, so as soon as UPS gets here, I'll start it charging.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Mine is also here in town, and UPS tracking says it is out for delivery. It is 8:20 AM now, so as soon as UPS gets here, I'll start it charging.
You do know that it'll arrive at 5, right?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #7
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Aww, sweetie-pea.. you are such a lovable optimist

Actually, I had it shipped to my work, and they delivers those in the morning/early noon and do home deliveries afterwards. Fedex and UPS normally are here at the office by 10 or 11.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #8
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Great, Melbournian. And, while you're reading Flatland, consider that you're engrossed in a two dimensional world (the ereader) with so many other dimensions to explore as you're transported from page to page. Have fun, mate, and welcome to the club. We all get so fussed about the machinery here, we sometimes forget that it's all about the adventure of reading, the exploration and the discovery. Our wee gizmos just make that a tad easier for us. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
You do know that it'll arrive at 5, right?
That's what always happens to me...

Hope it's a perfect one this time Griff...
Old 11-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #10
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Congratulations, Down Under Mate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbournian View Post
My, that was fast! I think I only ordered my PocketPro last Friday and it arrived today (Wednesday in Aussie land) in all its white loveliness. The SD card full of books was a nice treat, and I am already thoroughly engrossed in Flatland. I haven't experienced eInk before but it is a very easy display to read. I'm getting used to the slight delay with switching pages and almost have it down to the exact millisecond where one the page I should press the button so it changes over the instant I've read the last word. My family are all suitable impressed...I think I will have to hold on tight to it! Can't wait to take it away and be able to have all my favourites at my fingertips.
Dear Melbornian:

Please do not forget to fully charge no matter what the gauge shows initially and please do go to our website and read the FAQ sheet (www.theEZreader.com). These two things can make a huge difference.

Thank you!! I know you will be very happy and, yes, that E-Ink is easy on the eyes!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:58 PM   #11
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

11:45am and my PEZ just arrived. It looks to be in top notch condition. It'll be a couple of weeks before I will be able to give a definitive analysis. Fingers Crossed!

It is now on the charger (plugged into a wall socket for faster charge).
Old 11-04-2009, 01:17 PM   #12
kennyc

Quote:
11:45am and my PEZ just arrived. It looks to be in top notch condition. It'll be a couple of weeks before I will be able to give a definitive analysis. Fingers Crossed!

Old 11-04-2009, 05:44 PM   #13
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:

I hope third time is a charm

My black replacement was received by Astak on Monday and I am waiting a refund.

I have decided to wait a while before taking another plunge.....
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #14
acolsandra
Enthusiast
acolsandra began at the beginning.

Device: bebook1, pocketbook 302
How were you able to buy it? I only see United States and Canada as possible countries on the website.
acolsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #15
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by acolsandra View Post
How were you able to buy it? I only see United States and Canada as possible countries on the website.
if you go to www.astak.com on the left hand side there is a link for international buyers of the EZ Reader series.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote