Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-26-2009, 11:28 PM   #1
enarchay
Zealot
enarchay began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question about news feeds

I tried setting up some news feeds today with Calibre. I did this by adding a custom news source, putting in the link for the feed, and so on. Some of these turned out excellent, but there are two I had problems with.

The posts from the one feed shows a very dark grey background when viewed on an ereader. As a result, it's hard to read the text.

The other feed lists the posts, but there's no option to click the text "read more." In other words, you only get snips of the articles, and cannot read the whole thing.

So, my two questions are:

1) How can I edit the epub output for the first feed so the background is white?

2) How can I ensure that the "read more" function works?

If any of you want to test out the feeds I was using, I can post the links. I'm not sure if these are common problems, but the other feeds I tried worked fine.
enarchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:17 AM   #2
enarchay
Zealot
enarchay began at the beginning.

Device: none
Anyone?
enarchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 04:26 AM   #3
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
You basically need a recipe that grabs the 'read more' link and creates a full article. I believe it's not that difficult to do if you have some programming skilss, otherwise you need to make a feature request for the specific site.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #4
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
How do you get news feeds to stop?
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In the news download dialog under scheduled select the recipe and uncheck Schedule for download
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert